Active Now

Element 99
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » What sort of imaginary trip(s) would you like to go on?

What sort of imaginary trip(s) would you like to go on?

I'd like to visit European port cities during the ancient days when there were those magnificent wooden sailing ships; watching them coming into port and departing outbound  onto the high seas.

Posted - February 15, 2019

Responses

• I would love to go to Wales and England to see in person the towns and homes the family on my mom's side lived.  I've Google Mapped it, but hahah, that's not the same.  I forgot to mention that I would love to go to Cuba. My cousin's father was born there. I'd love to check it out. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at February 18, 2019 5:50 AM MST
      February 15, 2019 7:45 PM MST

I hope you can make the trip some day. During my time in the Navy we visited some English ports -my dad's side is from around Manchester. 
      February 15, 2019 7:52 PM MST

• Most of my mom's family are from Manchester as well.   And, thank you. I too hope to be able to make the trip!
      February 15, 2019 7:55 PM MST

I'd like to accompany you on that trip. I'd also like to go on a trip to the old west when people were traveling in covered wagons headed for the west to have a new life. 

I was really into Westworld. It got weird and that's a vacation I wouldn't choose. 
      February 15, 2019 7:50 PM MST

Ok I will keep you in mind for when someone ever invents a time machine. 
      February 15, 2019 7:54 PM MST

Thanks!
      February 15, 2019 8:04 PM MST

• I'd love to visit China during the ancient times some of my favorite movies were set.  I'm thinking Hero and House of Flying Daggers.  Vibrantly colorful landscapes.  People dancing across trees and gliding across water.  Life always in its most artistic form. 
      February 18, 2019 5:50 AM MST