Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Television and Movies » Did I imagine it all? (Lily Tomlin)

Did I imagine it all? (Lily Tomlin)

I swear remembering seeing Lily Tomlin on the TV show "Laugh-In" as a long-haired cheerleader. A repeated character on the show -- she was a very laid-back/"Whatever" type of cheerleader with a quiet rhythm and strange moves as she "cheered."

I found this character very funny - - but with all the Tomlin videos out there on youtube, I can find no videos of this cheerleader. Maybe I imagined it.
:)

Posted - February 17, 2019

Responses

• I didn't remember her being a cheerleader, but she must have been.  I found this Laugh-In character listing and it included her being a cheerleader.

https://www.tv.com/shows/rowan-and-martins-laugh-in/episode-103-74214/
      February 17, 2019 2:19 PM MST

• She was "Suzie the Cheerleader", but I can't find any pics.

February 17, 2019 2:52 PM MST

Thanks for helping and posting the interesting post. I don't get it why it's so hard to find just a picture or something. Leave it to me to love the only Lily Tomlin character the rest of the world finds unfunny - - so unfunny that no visible record has been left. Ha!
      February 17, 2019 5:23 PM MST

• You're welcome!  I don't know why there are no pics posted of that character???  I think her characters are very funny.  

February 18, 2019 2:29 AM MST

She was also a telephone operator. "One ringy dingy, two ringy dingies".
      February 17, 2019 3:27 PM MST

Definitely, yes, on that, bhwilson! Gotta love Ernestine!
      February 17, 2019 5:23 PM MST

February 19, 2019 5:32 PM MST

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flint Ironstag, you made my day! Just those brief seconds at the beginning of both of those videos --  so funny to me!

I fast-forwarded through the rest of the videos and I think the cheerleader appears only at the beginning of both.
    Thanks for finding 'her' and sharing.

EDIT: Wait!! I looked again -- it seems you somehow have Tomlin's cheerleader set up to play in the links right when one clicks on the link -- thanks for any extra effort you did to set it up that way!

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at March 19, 2019 6:43 AM MDT
      March 19, 2019 6:40 AM MDT