Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » what's the worst trade deal in the history of trade deals

what's the worst trade deal in the history of trade deals

my husband traded me his fancy gaming laptop for my 300 dollar chrome book

Posted - February 17, 2019

Responses

I want the laptop.

The worst trade deal is any deal that Trump makes.  Simple.  He keeps worsting himself with each stupid deal he makes.

I have no idea why I selected this picture.

February 17, 2019 9:30 PM MST

• This is blasphemy.  Why would you include such a champion Ravenclaw along with a comment about Trump?  You apologize to Luna right now. 
      February 18, 2019 6:27 AM MST

Tossup among Lou Brock from the Cubs to the Cardinals for Ernie Broglio, Frank Robinson from the Reds to the Orioles for Milt Pappas, and Nolan Ryan from the Mets to the Angels for Jim Fregosi.
      February 17, 2019 9:33 PM MST

Charlie Cameron to the Lions for a couple draft picks.
      February 18, 2019 6:32 AM MST

• Back in the early days of Ebay I spent a couple hundred bucks on what I thought was going to be this amazing Wrestlemania Collection. The description said it was official and contained all the Wrestlemanias up to that date. What I got in return was some JVC recorded tapes where the seller had recorded them from where they ordered them on Pay Per View. Not to mention several of the events were missing, lol.  Needless to say I reported the seller but I never did manage to get my money back.   

Another instance was in my teen years I had a buddy that loved seeing people do stupid stuff. I obtained my copy of Final Fantasy VII on PlayStation by simply knocking over a trash can in the lunch room at school and tripping over it enough to cause a bit of a mess.  Final Fantasy VII was way more valuable to me than any sort of reputation I had in school. I'd do it again.  My friend said the end result wasn't as funny as his head pictured it but he still held up his end of the bargain. 
      February 18, 2019 6:34 AM MST

Does't the worst trade ever imply the best trade ever for the other party? Getting Manhattan Island from the native Americans was both a great trade for the Europeans and a crappy one for the native American tribes involved.
      February 18, 2019 8:04 AM MST

Usually, but not always ... especially in the case of trade deals between nations.  What works today, may not work for either nation in the next decade.  

February 18, 2019 12:47 PM MST

For the Russians it was selling Alaska to the US for $7,500,000 quite a few years ago. 

-Those dummerkoffs!
      February 18, 2019 8:28 AM MST

Canada was too slow on the draw. You could have paid them with caribou hides and barrels of maple syrup. Once again...US got a great deal. France got a crappy deal when they sold the Louisiana Territory for a mere 15 million. This post was edited by Element 99 at February 18, 2019 12:06 PM MST
      February 18, 2019 10:25 AM MST

Yes and Canada let go a lot of good coastland could have been part of British Columbia but went as part of Alaska. 
      February 18, 2019 12:06 PM MST