Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Spunky
Shuhak
Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Music » Does this song set you on edge and make you nervous?

Does this song set you on edge and make you nervous?

It does that to me.

"High Hopes" -- Panic at the Disco

I know I'm in the minority. The song is a big hit. But the song practically makes me hyperventilate listening to it, as if everyone involved in the song is on their last breath, 'panicking' to get through the song. The singer sounds like he's out of breath. And the music itself - - all sounds as if everyone is rushing to get through it all.

Saw the music video here for the first time and by 1:22 mark, I thought it was stupid.

Posted - February 23, 2019

Responses

• I‘ve never been a fan of Panic at the disco. When started read you post,I thought of a song called High hopes in my playlist. Try this one, it’s a much calmer song lol.

February 23, 2019 9:09 AM MST

I like the song better than the one I posted for sure.
    :)

I know it's just me but the video was difficult for me to watch. The whole thing I found depressing, from the very beginning. I kept thinking about the "other" guy she was running from and why she was running (but I'd like this guy in the car to rescue me, too, ha! Handsome guy!).And the marks on her back.
    and then the other guy shows up again at the 3:00 minutes mark?
    God - - I've been so f'ed up emotionally lately. Anything seems to emotionally set me off. I found the entire video upsetting. But it's my own fault.
    Another answerMugger recently reminded me of my upsetting reaction I had to a comedy video he posted, as he answered one of my questions I posted about the current book I'm reading. When I read books like this, what do I expect?
    Shi*

Image result for daughter of serial killer book

February 23, 2019 12:14 PM MST

• Oh I’m sorry, Welby. Yes, I guess some of the imagery in this video can be depressing and disturbing, but did you see to the end? They both live! :)  We all get emotionally sometimes, hope you feel better soon. 

February 23, 2019 12:49 PM MST

Yes, after stopping for a while at the 3:00-or-so mark, I did watch the rest.

Thanks, Jaimie.
    I'm OK -- just soft around the emotional edges for some reason. But I continue to stay in the moment well. I'm good, just dealing with some challenges but they're all based on beneficial stuff.
      February 23, 2019 2:29 PM MST

It's like fingernails on a chalkboard. I only listened to 30 sec and it was like my ears were being pierced with a drill bit.
      February 23, 2019 1:22 PM MST

Exactly!

Thank you, 99 I-don't-know-how-to-make-those-letters.
      February 23, 2019 2:25 PM MST

Google translate. It's Hebrew.
      February 23, 2019 2:26 PM MST

I tried  --

אלמנט

February 23, 2019 2:32 PM MST

Easy, eh.
      February 23, 2019 2:36 PM MST

Yay for me. Seriously.

Ha!
      February 23, 2019 4:10 PM MST

kjames only made it to 15 seconds.
      February 23, 2019 4:14 PM MST

Yeah, it's bloody awful, I can't listen to that, I got to 15 seconds. 

February 23, 2019 3:42 PM MST

Thank you, kjames! I know I can like or not like any music out there but I take some comfort/pleasure that I'm not the only one who reacts very negatively to this song. My reaction is even physical. Awful to me, too, yes.

Now, go listen to the rest of the song, ha! Believe me, if you only lasted for 15 seconds, you won't believe how bad it gets.

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at February 23, 2019 4:14 PM MST
      February 23, 2019 4:13 PM MST

I'm afraid life is too precious for me to listen to it, that music that comes in like a really bad out of tune brass instrument farting, it does something to my guts, it grates on my nerves,  then that silly voice that says something in a chip monk voice that you cannot make out what it is.  I think people are naturally tuned in to be turned off of music that makes you feel bad.  I can't stand mechanically edited singing anyway, I don't think its natural to the ear.

Nikola Tesla - If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration."

Have you ever heard of this conspiracy?...

February 23, 2019 4:57 PM MST

Oh, wow, kjames, I'm way late in responding. I hope to watch your video posts, thanks. 
    I like your 'take' on the High Hopes song.
      April 25, 2019 9:10 AM MDT