Active Now

WelbyQuentin
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Ocasio-Cortez says "I am the BOSS". How does Speaker Pelosi and other Dems feel about that?

Ocasio-Cortez says "I am the BOSS". How does Speaker Pelosi and other Dems feel about that?

Posted - February 25, 2019

Responses

• Why don't we ask that of Pelosi after they hand Ocastio-Cortez the Speaker's gavel. Don't laugh. It's a very real possibility. It used to be that you could be ignorant and ascend to the Speaker's chair. Now, you can be exceptionally ignorant and make it. 
      February 25, 2019 9:36 AM MST

How often do they vote for Speaker? Is it every 2yrs after each election? She could be in trouble next time, But neither will be Speaker after 2020. 
    I know a person does not even have to be a member of the House to be Speaker. 
      February 25, 2019 9:41 AM MST

Paul Ryan did enough damage in 2 years as Speaker for Nancy and the rest of the speakers to clean up for eternity.

She is doing an excellent job of putting DONNIE in his place and she will go down in history as a supreme hero.  I think she will be here in 2020 and beyond.  

I know Paul Ryan is history and his history is an embarrassment and he is a lost soul lost to any career advancement or recovery from his atrocious stint in the Oval.  What a disgrace as Trump is fond of describing people.
      February 26, 2019 8:06 AM MST

"She could be in trouble next time,"

Which she do you mean, Ocasio or Pelosi?

~
      February 27, 2019 2:19 PM MST

Pelosi. 
      February 28, 2019 1:25 PM MST

I KNOW they are fine with anything she says.

You know why?  Because they don't take what she says out of context.

Give it up.  

They are all on the VERY SAME PAGE.

JEALOUS?

We don't band together because we all agree.  We band together because we support our rights to speak our differences and discuss and compromise.  That is what Nancy Peolosi and Alexandria OC stand for.

Not hiding and sneaking around and lying.  Not demanding MORONIC LOYALTY for no reason.  We don't govern with fear.  We govern with truth and reason.
      February 25, 2019 9:39 AM MST

I did not take anything out of context. I posted the video. 
      February 25, 2019 9:42 AM MST

Yes.  You took the whole reaction to what she is saying out of context.  She said great stuff to me. I'm sure Nancy will agree. 

She's no idiot.  Nancy appreciates that.  Is she fighting the DEMS?  Nancy will listen and consider.  Is she making a stand that she is MORE IMPORTANT THAN NANCY PELOSI AND WHAT SHE SAYS GOES?

Because that is what you are insinuating and THAT IS TOTALLY OUT OF CONTEXT.

If I were to post videos of your guys, it would break the internet with the stuff I would have to cover.  

Remember Cory Lewandowski?  Remember that golden boy?  Neither does anyone else and yet he is in the news again for lies graft and corruption regarding Trump and the Russia cover-up.

Why don't you research that and keep away from the FOX videos.  
      February 25, 2019 9:48 AM MST

I do not know the reaction to what she said. I know she said she was the boss. I know she protested in Pelosi's office on her first day. 
      February 25, 2019 10:26 AM MST

That's cool.  I think this hissy fit whatever between the two pales in comparison to what politics was in 2016 to this day.  This is a dispute.  Cortez will learn.  My money is on Peolosi.  There is NO way Cortez will ever be President in 2020, if that is where you are going.  She is way too green.  
      February 25, 2019 10:29 AM MST

No certainly not President in 2020.  But I could see the Minority Leader after 2020. If AOC played it right. Pelosi had a rough time this year getting her Speaker role. Or even VP nominee in 2020. 
      February 25, 2019 1:23 PM MST

Protesting is speaking your mind.  It is not usurping power.   She is explaining GUMPTION.  She is not even remotely challenging anyone for power.  She is saying that if you take a stand YOU ARE THE BOSS.

Why do you have such trouble understanding your enemies and such ease backpeddling and revising anyone that stands behind Trump and his lies. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at February 27, 2019 3:53 AM MST
      February 26, 2019 7:59 AM MST

I consider someone protesting the person in power as challenging that person. No she was not running for Speaker at the time, that is not what I was claiming. But she is challenging those leaders and they are listening. She is attempting to drive the agenda. That is a good thing....that a Congressperson should do. They should be there to try and accomplish whatever they campaigned on achieving. 
    Of course, I do not agree with her agenda....but I did not and would not ever vote for her. 
      February 26, 2019 9:54 AM MST

I got ya.  She is a progressive.  

She and Bernie and Warren are progressives as are many new elected Reps.  Of course, you don't agree, but at least you are defining her purpose in a way I can accept.

Nancy, I think is a great bridge.  She is a DEM but she is not rocking the boat.  She is holding steadfast to what will secure the Country and the Constitutional RIGHTS OF MIDDLE CLASS AND POOR AMERICANS.

This should be interesting to you if you could do a comparison.   This idea exchange, no matter how diverse verses ANY idea exchange in the Trump Administration.   You tow the line and accept or you are toasted.

In a Democracy, which you enjoy?  We are a people of ideas that are only good if it benefits all and hurts none.  That is a very difficult and fine line.   That is why we need everyone  to cast their take on what needs to be done to represent all and benefit all.

NOT JUST REPRESENT TRUMP AND BENEFIT HIS MINIONS. Not you.  Just the BILLIONAIRES.
      February 26, 2019 10:04 AM MST

• Can't anyone just have some class .. and still make their points in Government anymore?  I think it's great that someone stands up for their rights .. but why does it have to be their way or the highway all the time?  AOC has some good ideas .. but she's going to turn off a lot of people with her just adding another LOUD mouth to DC politics.
      February 25, 2019 9:58 AM MST

I look at her as the Democrat Trump. She is young and grew up listening to the Dem go on an on about liberal issues but never actually doing anything to pass them. Obama ran on many of the same issues Bill Clinton did nearly 20 years before (it probably go back farther but I know to Bill cause I voted for him) And she has come in with a determination to accomplish them. The establishment has no intention of doing anything, they want election issues to keep us divided. The same determination as President Trump but on the conservative side and of course he has more power. 
      February 25, 2019 10:24 AM MST

Look at her as the Democrat Trump.  Yes.  She had her Hispanic daddy give her millions of dollars to waste and daddy covered it up as she bankrupted several large concerns that daddy's money covered up and then she also lied about everyone and everything she did for her whole life and covered it up.

YOU ARE SO ASTUTE.  SAME PERSON EXACTLY.  
      February 25, 2019 10:30 AM MST

I was not talking about financial status. 
      February 25, 2019 10:32 AM MST

NOR AM I.

He is a criminal mind.  She is not.  He was protected from all wrong-doing.  She was not.  She learned and is learning.  He is incapable of this and SO MY FRIEND, ARE YOU.  
      February 25, 2019 10:35 AM MST

Some of the lyrics of this 1960 song just popped into my mind:

Dreamin' I'm always dreamin'.... 
    Well I'll keep on dreamin'
    Keep right on dreamin'
    Dreamin' till my dreamin' comes true ue ue ue ue ue ue ue...

https://www.google.com/search?q=dreaming+till+my+dreaming+comes+true&oq=Dreaming%2Ctill+my&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l5.15533j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

February 25, 2019 12:27 PM MST

Hi Tom.  I miss you.   Long time no talk to you.  

And we can add Supertramp's Dreamer which is now streaming through my mind.  
      February 26, 2019 10:07 AM MST

• I just find it very difficult to listen to any of them.  They will say or do anything to get our votes.  I certainly would love to see some new blood in government .. but not just more of the same in a different "package".  
      February 25, 2019 11:49 AM MST

I'm glad they are there to cast important votes, but as far as voting for any of them so far, I am cold.  Bernie or Biden or Warren seem far better suited than any of these newbies.
      February 25, 2019 11:53 AM MST

So, Alexandria Ocastio-Cortez should fall in line? Caucasians seem to want this from these upidity minorities. I guess this includes Speaker Pelosi and other Dems. Politicians don't deserve my trust because of this mentality. Be seen and not heard. This post was edited by Zack at February 27, 2019 2:26 PM MST
      February 25, 2019 10:57 AM MST