Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Holidays » Did your parents ever make you an Easter basket?

Did your parents ever make you an Easter basket?

Would you eat the ears off your bunny first? Or do you remember those disgusting large chocolate eggs? My Mom would boil eggs for the egg hunt and take one of her pantyhose eggs (leggs) and put $5.00 in it for the egg hunt. 

Posted - February 26, 2019

Responses

Oh yeah.  Every year.  They were good baskets of good stuff too.

My mom would buy those colored plastic eggs that you open and put stuff in and put small bills or change in them.

But we had really good candy.  Even the large chocolate eggs were fabulous.

I think I always did the rabbit ears first.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at February 27, 2019 6:03 PM MST
      February 26, 2019 10:30 PM MST

Yes.  We had real eggs in there along with candy eggs, marshmallow chicks, jelly beans, and gum drops.  I didn't eat much of that but I loved it anyway.  We would each usually have a chocolate bunny that I would eat.    I always made my children great regular baskets full of nice things like clothes and books along with some good Hershey and Reese candies...no jelly beans and gum drops.  Year before last I was at my daughter's at Easter and she asked me to do the kid's baskets.  I bought big plastic flower pots and filled them with all kinds of stuff, and some candy.  PLUS flower seeds.  They went nuts for it.  
      February 27, 2019 12:54 AM MST

• I got one every single year.  Jelly beans and robin eggs scattered all throughout the fake grass in the basket.  Those colorful candy shaped eggs that were rock hard and had like a white sort of cream inside them.  A couple cadbury creme eggs and then the main feature was always a chocolate bunny that yes I would start eating from the ears, haha. 
      February 27, 2019 6:39 AM MST

I remember there being some kind of church festivities but not at home. 
      February 27, 2019 6:42 AM MST

Oh yes!  Churches always have an Easter egg hunt late afternoon, or the ones in my neighborhood did.  The Baptist and Methodist Churches sat on corners of the same block.  They would time the hunts so that all the neighborhood kids could participate in both of them.  
      February 27, 2019 6:35 PM MST

• There was never an Easter basket made. I would always have empty Easter Basket in my room, then when wake up collect those cheap foil wrapped Easter eggs around the house, Never outside. Also in living room would be a pile of spring/ summer type toys for outside( one year a bike!!)  and a chocolate Easter bunny. Yes would bite ears off first. I remember once the chocolate bunny had Rice Krispies in it and that really pissed me off.

February 27, 2019 7:14 AM MST

• A BIKE for Easter????  Princess................
      February 27, 2019 7:20 AM MST

• I never got a pony....so not a princess :/
      February 27, 2019 7:22 AM MST

•   February 27, 2019 7:24 AM MST

•   February 27, 2019 7:26 AM MST

• Too early for a lecture   *runs away*
      February 27, 2019 7:27 AM MST

•   February 27, 2019 7:30 AM MST

• My parents didn't make the basket .. the Easter Bunny did that!  Please don't tell me he/she/it wasn't real!!  :)
      February 27, 2019 7:26 AM MST

• yup. i'm 23 and she still does. 
      February 27, 2019 7:30 AM MST

I vaguely remember the green stuff and dying hard boiled eggs, but it never seemed like a big deal. Mom said it had something to do with Jesus but that made no sense. Eventually the whole deal was just forgotten.
      February 27, 2019 12:13 PM MST

Yes indeed along with the fake grass -
      February 27, 2019 4:34 PM MST