Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » I offer Hot Stone massage at our spa. Some people LOVE heat and some people are so aggravated by it. How do you fall?

I offer Hot Stone massage at our spa. Some people LOVE heat and some people are so aggravated by it. How do you fall?

Posted - March 1, 2019

Responses

It would depend on the temperature of the stones and where you place them. Overall I do not like hot air temperatures.I could not live down there. I do like an occasional relaxing very hot shower.
      March 1, 2019 11:10 AM MST

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9V_qYq37PI

This would definitely work for you.  We have many who like a cool room and not very hot stones.  The idea is that the stone runs down the length of the body most times and is very relaxing.  This helps alleviate pain and really works on the back, butt and legs and arms.  But we also do the shoulders and neck.   Some women with hot flashes do not like being warmed up ever. LOL
    This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at March 1, 2019 11:28 AM MST
      March 1, 2019 11:26 AM MST

• I don’t think I’d like it. Not really a fan of heat. 
      March 1, 2019 11:49 AM MST

Hot stone massages are great, the spa not far from our house offers them.  A couple of times a year we treat ourselves after a Marathon or back country ski day
      March 1, 2019 6:59 PM MST

I would probably like the hot stones, but in general, I don't like heat as in high outside temperatures a/k/a summer.  Once it goes over 75 degrees, I'm not comfortable.  I prefer to be cool.
      March 1, 2019 8:32 PM MST

My wife and I had it done a few years ago; she loved it, I did not.  She went back several times, I only went back for regular massages.

~
      March 2, 2019 12:45 AM MST

I'm hot enough I'm told and never ever get stoned.....:)D 
      March 2, 2019 1:43 AM MST