Active Now

Danilo_G
Element 99
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » It is IMPROBABLE that I would see a celebrity in my community. It is not IMPOSSIBLE. I've seen them before in other ordinary -places. You?

It is IMPROBABLE that I would see a celebrity in my community. It is not IMPOSSIBLE. I've seen them before in other ordinary -places. You?

Posted - March 4, 2019

Responses

There've probably been many famous people pass through here, but it's doubtful I'd recognize them if I saw them.  I saw Tim O'connor and Clint Walker, as they used to live around here (before they died).  Mr O'connor came through my checkout line when I worked at the local grocery store (mid 90's).  He was kind of grumpy. 
      March 4, 2019 10:54 AM MST

I have spotted a few here and there in unexpected places. I have tried to be respectful of them. I saw Lucille Ball in a shop in Palm Springs many decades ago. I saw the football player John Elway at a "Medieval Festival" once. I saw one of the stars of MASH. Not Alan Alda. The other one whose name I don't recall. He was with his daughter I think and I was with my son in Westwood. Again. Many decades ago. My son was about 12 and he is 53 now. Thank you for your reply Shuhak and Happy Monday. This post was edited by RosieG at March 4, 2019 2:06 PM MST
      March 4, 2019 11:47 AM MST

I have seen many. In my town there is a little restaurant called Buck's, it would not be uncommon to see people like Michelle Pfeifer and her husband David Kelly, Shirley Temple, when she was still alive, Steve Jobs, also when he was alive, Bill Walsh, also when he was alive, and Larry Ellison, CEO of Oracle.
    I would also see people like Julian Edelman,  Ricky Waters and Willy McCovey, Joan Baez and Neil Young around town.
    My house is accross the street from where Koko the gorilla lived, her caging is still up.
    There are also many notable businessmen, Ken Fischer, Charles Schwab, Nick Woodman, founder of go-pro, Nolan Bushnell, founder of Atari..
      March 5, 2019 12:57 PM MST