Active Now

Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Travel » Is Allegiant Air a bargain or a scam?

Is Allegiant Air a bargain or a scam?

Posted - March 4, 2019

Responses

I don't know what that is so, I'll say it's a scam.
      March 4, 2019 8:09 PM MST

We fly from Florida to North Carolina, Tennessee and Kentucky often and it is, by far, the best airline for that, especially if you don't check a bag.
      March 4, 2019 8:30 PM MST

It's a bargain sometimes, especially for short flights.   I don't know of a scam in which they are participants.  They fly into and out of our little airport here. This post was edited by Thriftymaid at March 4, 2019 10:22 PM MST
      March 4, 2019 10:20 PM MST

• I used that airline once about 5ish years and I hated it. Yes, the tickets are very inexpensive,  but if you want to check bags it costs extra. I didn’t find that out until check in. Also check in was ridiculous. We got to the airport about 2 hours before our flight and they only had about 2 people working their counter for ALL their flights. They ended up just having to call people ahead for flights in order so that people had time to get through security before the flights. I barely made my flight and had no time to argue with the idiots about the extra ridiculous charge for luggage when checking in. And nothing free on the flight either like most other Airlines. It’s stupid. 

March 5, 2019 5:16 AM MST

It is an Budget Airline which charges for everything and is a complete Disaster.  I would never fly them, however a lot of idiots do - and come to regret they did.  However the pull of a cheap airfare suckers them in time and again
      March 6, 2019 6:26 AM MST

no idea
      March 8, 2019 3:52 PM MST