Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Celebrities » Why do we have to know all over the news now that Luke Perry died. I get it. He's dead. Why do need to know this more than one time?

Why do we have to know all over the news now that Luke Perry died. I get it. He's dead. Why do need to know this more than one time?

Posted - March 5, 2019

Responses

• This is why I’m glad I quit most of social media. I’m sure twitter and facebook are full of posts every 5 minutes people thinking they’re telling the world he died. Like we don’t know:/ 
      March 5, 2019 10:27 AM MST

He seemed to be a very quiet, lovely man.  Uh, so was my next-door neighbor.  Where is his 15 minutes of fame????

March 5, 2019 10:52 AM MST

"Normal" people who are quiet only get their 15-minutes of fame, when it turns out they are serial killers.  LOL
      March 5, 2019 10:55 AM MST

• I had a huge crush on him when I was a kid. 
      March 5, 2019 11:00 AM MST

NOW  NOW NOW you brought up a very salient point.

HE WAS A HOTTIE BACK THEN.  People swooned over Luke.  Leading man type.  He morphed into a pleasant-looking sort, but his hotness was much lessened.  

OH MY NERVES JAIMIE 

I forgot just HOW hot he was.  I mourn the death of this look and his aging past this look   LOLOLOL

That is the real pity.  But there is always a hottie to replace a former.

I'm not fond of these nipples though.....

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at March 5, 2019 11:09 AM MST
      March 5, 2019 11:05 AM MST

• Omfg! I just realized he is my first celeb crush to die from not a drug overdose or something... I’m getting old. 
      March 5, 2019 11:10 AM MST

Oh I'll bet if you think on it, there were deaths strewn all down that memory highway.   I bet you blocked out some.  It's okay.  Don't go there.  

I remember being a drinker and learning John Lennon was dead.  I threw myself down in the grass sobbing about three months later because I was in so much shock I couldn't deal.  He was that important to us and I am that old.

March 5, 2019 11:13 AM MST

• My big one was when River Phenix died. I loved him, that was drugs though. 
      March 5, 2019 11:16 AM MST

Because we are in a society that places too much emphasis on celebrities.
    I have no idea why anybody thinks what some celebrity thinks has any greater weight than what any random "blue collar worker" thinks.
    Personally, I think actors are on the same level as prostitutes. 
    After all; both professions will do pretty much whatever you want, if you pay them enough.

Anyway ... you can find hundreds of people who claim that a celebrity's death affected them personally, even though they never met or personally interacted with said celebrity.

This post was edited by Walt O'Reagun at March 5, 2019 6:13 PM MST
      March 5, 2019 10:47 AM MST

WAAAY too much, Walt.  And then we reduce any possible value in this by wanting to know the most trite, banal information about them.  

Talk shows have these trained monkeys known as celbs on there aping what they are supposed to answer that they rehearsed.  

So this image in the form of Luke Perry has died.  Bless his soul and let's move on.  I remember things about him; he was highly intelligent.  Imagine having him on a talk show and ask him intelligent questions he can answer that may be informative.

No. We need to know if his wife is pregnant.  We need to know if he is cheating on his wife, taxes, a drunk or a pervert.  That is all we care about.  The fact that he was a nice, modest and quiet human makes me even more mystified that they bothered to mention him.   BUT THEN AGAIN  DEATH IS THE BEST HEADLINE OF ALL.

March 5, 2019 10:57 AM MST

• I've never cared too much about celebrity deaths, but there's a lot of news I don't care about. A lot of things we will keep hearing about that I feel are unimportant and important things we will never hear a word about. 
      March 5, 2019 10:56 AM MST

• he was the guy from riverdale i think. thats prob why people care so much. that show is really popular
      March 5, 2019 10:57 AM MST

• Omg he was from 90210
      March 5, 2019 11:00 AM MST

Oh.  I see. I cannot believe that in this day and age ANY show is still popular.   I mean there are millions of choices now, not just a few channels to pick from that every one is forced to watch.  So that is amazing in itself.

But I think that show is not on now?  I don't know.  Anyway he was big in the 80's or 90's in 90210 and that made him a big deal.  So, I guess he was still a big deal like you said after I had forgotten about Luke.

March 5, 2019 11:02 AM MST

cause he was fannous
      March 8, 2019 3:38 PM MST