Active Now

Element 99
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Computers and the Internet » What appears when you enter "Hillary clinton he" in your Google search bar?

What appears when you enter "Hillary clinton he" in your Google search bar?

There's a conspiracy theory going around that Google is censoring her health issues. but I'm betting it's just the Google algorithm trying to provide people with results that are relevant to them. 

The above was taken from Twitter. The below was my results.

EDIT:

I forgot to include other search engines provide different results:

Posted - August 27, 2016

Responses

• 'Hillary clinton he' pulls up the usual:

wiki stuff, something on Giuliani, Donald Trump's 'veteran's adviser' regretting calling for her to be shot and a few others, none of which refer to her health in the headline.

Replacing that with, 'Hillary clinton's he' produces:

wiki stuff, something on Trump's previous support for the Clintons, one item on accusations of ill health and the rest is just silly stuff of no interest (and nothing to do with health issues).

I suspect, like most conspiracy theories, this has it's roots in a profound ignorance coupled with an over active imagination.

August 27, 2016 6:44 PM MDT

Your Google search results are personalized, because Google uses "Bubbling" for results, and also customizes them if you're logged into your Google Account. 

For me the results were:

Hillary Clinton

Hillary Clinton VP

Hillary Clinton Campaign

Hillary Clinton Donald Trump polls

August 27, 2016 7:50 PM MDT

I think so, too, and I expect the results, if more people partake here, will prove it. :)

August 27, 2016 7:55 PM MDT

Yes, I'm aware of the information bubble. It's how Google knows when I type "veneer" I'm talking about teeth, rather than woodworking or resurfacing my cabinets.

I suspect that if enough of us post results, we'll blow the conspiracy theory out of the water... We shall see. Only two responses so far... though it looks like you missed the "'s he" after "Hillary Clinton," which would skew your response.

August 27, 2016 7:58 PM MDT

I got Hillary Clinton
    height
    healthcare
    headquarters
    headband

I just replaced my phone but still signed into my google account, don't know if that matters or not.
      August 27, 2016 9:02 PM MDT

Interesting. 4/4.

August 27, 2016 9:39 PM MDT