Active Now

Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Babies and Kids » Parents: Of all the lessons your children had to learn on their own, which was the hardest to watch and why?

Parents: Of all the lessons your children had to learn on their own, which was the hardest to watch and why?

Posted - March 9, 2019

Responses

• How to deal with bullies!  That was really difficult for our son ... but he handled it like a champ.  I would never have been able to deal with what he had to.  In the end, even his bullies respected him and apologized for how they treated him when they were younger.  He accepted their apologies .. I probably would not have!
      March 9, 2019 11:53 AM MST

Supporting oneself instead of being supported by mumsy and da-da. We tried to raise them with sensible outlooks about finances and budgeting and saving and prioritizing and earning, but they were born smarter than their parents, so now they're struggling. (By the way, no rescue here from mumsy and da-da.)

~
      March 9, 2019 2:32 PM MST

Yesterday, my daughter picked a scab on her shin that wasn't ready to come off yet. When it started to bleed I explained why. Her eyes welled-up with tears. And my heart broke...

:(
      March 9, 2019 2:49 PM MST

Dealing with their mother and my absence while in the Navy.
      March 9, 2019 3:37 PM MST

ive never had kids
      March 10, 2019 3:44 PM MDT