Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Science and Technology » Are we in a sort of golden era of technology ?

Are we in a sort of golden era of technology ?

in the 90s there was computers, but everything was much much slower than it is now. Nowadays we have super powerful computers, that can make us play games; also most of the people have cellphones, and when i take the bus or the metro, we always see people on their cellphones . Are we in a golden era of technology ? 

Posted - March 9, 2019

Responses

• One could see it that way. Though one could see a dark side in today's world of no privacy and addiction to screens. 
      March 9, 2019 1:37 PM MST

The computer is like Edison's first phone, the way I see it. It would be great to live long enough to see the great things in the future. It seems like a golden era for us now however it is just the beginning.   
      March 9, 2019 1:51 PM MST

Maybe not yet. It just seems that way because it's the most advanced it's ever been right now. It'll get better. 
      March 9, 2019 2:39 PM MST

It is our downfall. And computers can't Make me play games.
      March 9, 2019 3:24 PM MST

Nothing makes me play a video game. 
      March 9, 2019 5:37 PM MST

Slow? A PC running 33 MHz was considered "blindingly fast". A 56K modem was so fast people didn't know how to act. Now speeds are measured in GHz but I can't maintain a connection if the wind blows, and operations are frequently interrupted while Windows performs its housekeeping.

They said DOS did what you told it to do, not what you wanted it to do. Windows has never been that predictable. Now we have Windows 10 and you don't even own the computer any more.
      March 10, 2019 7:28 AM MDT

we nnight be
      March 10, 2019 3:38 PM MDT