Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Television and Movies » A question about the X-Men movies franchise :

A question about the X-Men movies franchise :

I can't remember which movies I saw since there are now ten million super hero movies out there.

I like actor James Marsden a lot.
He was in, I think, two X-Men movies. He portrayed 'Cyclops.' 

PLOT SPOILER!!!!!

His character was killed off in the second movie, by a female-looking lizard-like goddess or something -- by a  lake, I think. I didn't watch anymore of the movies with him killed off.

Were James Marsden and 'Cyclops' ever brought back in later movies in the franchise? (Heck -- they're super hero movies -- I figure he could cheat death maybe.)

Image result for cyclops james marsden x men

Posted - March 12, 2019

Responses

He was in X-Men: Days of future past but only as a cameo. That was 2013. I find him extremely attractive. I haven't seen anything that he has been in since then although I'm sure he's still working.
      March 12, 2019 7:45 PM MDT

Thanks, easyjolene. I find him incredibly attractive, too. I haven't watched much new of anything lately but I, too, assume he's still working. I actually like Marsden in any movie in which I've seen him. He was the only reason I watched the X-Men movies .
    He was on the cover of Men's Health magazine on the summer of last year. 
    EDIT: Whoa - - that image turned out way bigger than I thought it would

Image result for james marsden men's health

Here's a movie I really recommend -- "Heights" -- all-around great movie to me

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at March 13, 2019 5:29 PM MDT
      March 13, 2019 10:03 AM MDT

I love his smile.
      March 13, 2019 5:30 PM MDT

Ain't it the truth?
    Ain't it the truth?
    :)
      March 13, 2019 8:02 PM MDT

I couldn't get this image to post in my other reply to you

Related image
      March 13, 2019 10:08 AM MDT

I've never seen this. We're always looking for a new movie to watch on the weekend. Thanks!
      March 13, 2019 5:32 PM MDT

If you all watch it, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

As an aside, I was with friends seeing "The Notebook." I didn't know Marsden was in it. What a great performance Marsden gave for which no one besides me seems to notice.

PLOT SPOILER!!! "THE NOTEBOOK!!" - - Marsden's character - -why did that main woman leave him for Ryan Gosling's character? And what a CLASS ACT Marsden's character is! He is so loving and gracious to that main woman after she dumps him. The rest of the movie I kept thinking -- "I would have stayed with Marsden."
    But, yeah - - I'd go for Marsden every time, no matter what, probably.
      March 13, 2019 8:00 PM MDT

• the only x men movie i like and have watched more than once is origins:wolverine and i'm not saying why 
      March 12, 2019 8:13 PM MDT

OK.

March 13, 2019 10:09 AM MDT

i dotn remember. They made a lot of xmen movies the past decade... and i just watched one i think at tv when it was airing. I thought it was ben affleck who played cyclops. but anyways. 
      March 13, 2019 12:38 PM MDT

Thanks, franc533. For all I know, you may be right -- maybe Affleck played the character, too. I only know for sure that Marsden was in at least two of them as Cyclops.

March 13, 2019 7:54 PM MDT