Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » What are the qualities/traits of the person you respect/admire the most? What about the person you don't?

What are the qualities/traits of the person you respect/admire the most? What about the person you don't?

Posted - March 15, 2019

Responses

The qualities and traits I admire most are honesty, common-sense, integrity, and political incorrectness. What about the person I don't? The one that sadly lacks what the person I admire has. :)
      March 15, 2019 2:52 AM MDT

Thank you for your thoughtful answer ru. First on my list is honesty as well. As for your political incorrectness I cannot agree with thee but then you are you and I am me. I think being pc is based on being kind. Folks who aren't kind are always politically incorrect and rejoice in it. I don't. I abhor them for their selfish thoughtless arrogant supercilious condescending views. No disrespect to you intended. Your definition of political incorrectness may not be the same as mine. Liddle donny d is notoriously politically incorrect. I despise him. "Nuff said. Happy Friday to you! :) This post was edited by RosieG at March 15, 2019 3:46 AM MDT
      March 15, 2019 3:45 AM MDT

You are welcome. For me personally, I view political correctness as a perceived hypersensitivity or offense to something that someone says or does. In addition to using political correctness to demonize someone, it is also used to limit discussion on sensitive issues or to stifle criticism from a political opponent.

In many cases, people use the notion of being publicly offended along with feigned outrage as a way to gain support in labeling or judging the motives of someone’s heart. Now to explain why I am not politically correct and why I feel the way I do about it. Political correctness is a blatant contradiction of the teachings of Scripture, particularly in Ephesians chapter 4 as well as many other places.

As a Christian, I consider what I do and what I say in the light of Scripture, not in the opinions of those who advocate things that are against Scripture, Therefore, I don't worry about being politically correct, I focus on being Biblically correct. Jesus was totally committed to people’s spiritual and personal growth and was strongly opposed to anything that stopped or hindered that growth. Political correctness was never a part of His agenda. Nor is it part of mine. I try to give a person the respect that is due to them but I won't use hindering aspects of political correctness to do it. :)

March 15, 2019 2:07 PM MDT