Active Now

Element 99
Shuhak
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » GOD said "let us make man in our image, in our likeness....". What color are YOU? Did you know you are an image of GOD, a likeness?

GOD said "let us make man in our image, in our likeness....". What color are YOU? Did you know you are an image of GOD, a likeness?

Does GOD lie? Of course not. Thus IF GOD WERE WHITE we would all be white! What a frightful boring blight that would be. All white all the time as far as the eye could see. But GOD is a multitude beyond our understanding. He made all of us in HIS image. Either that or HE lied. Which do you believe in and trust with all your heart all your might all your soul? Well? I'm waiting for your answer and if GOD happens to be waiting too what do you say to HIM?

Posted - March 16, 2019

Responses

The word in Hebrew is plural. Elohim. "In the image of GODS he made them." Given that the Jewish faith is a monotheistic one, doesn't that strike you as strange? Unless - and this is crucial - it is in the image of "the Heavenly host", ie angels. God the creator has no fixed physical form, nor gender, so to refer to His PHYSICAL image is arrant nonsense. We have immortal souls, it is this "image" of God that we all carry, not the base clay. This post was edited by Slartibartfast at March 16, 2019 7:22 AM MDT
      March 16, 2019 6:22 AM MDT

To each his own m'dear. To me "image" and "likeness is what we SEE. It is VISUAL. You cannot see the abstract. Only the physical. I wish you had not said "..so to refer to his PHYSICAL image is arrant nonsense". It is beneath you. YOU DON"T KNOW any more than anyone else does. Until unless you die. Were you dead and did you get resuscitated? There is a question begging to be asked because of your response and I shall ask it.There was a TV show years ago called "Joan of Arc". God appeared every week in one manifestation or another. A child, a teacher, a garbage collector, a homeless person. Never the same twice. The moral being that  God is all of us looks like each of us and you never know when you will encounter HIM. So just to be safe be kind to everyone. That was the message I got from that show. Thank you for your reply R! :)
      March 16, 2019 7:19 AM MDT

But you do realize, don't you, that "Joan of Arc" was a TV show, not some theoretical deity actually appearing?
      March 16, 2019 7:25 AM MDT

Do you believe everything you read, Rosie? Just because somebody wrote that, presumably a very long time ago, doesn't mean it's true, literally or figuratively.
      March 16, 2019 6:52 AM MDT

There is far more reason to say “some Man wrote” than “God said”.  All of what “God said” has been rewritten so many times it now bares scant resemblance to what SOME MAN (surely a caucasion man) originally wrote, and it often contradicts itself. 

“‘God said‘ thou shalt not kill”, yet sent Joshua to slaughter thousands in His name, within one mortal lifetime of [allegedly] issuing that commandment. Lie? Contradiction? Believe what you like. 

“The word God for me is nothing but the expression and product of human weakness...” 
    I leave this author’s name to you. 

March 16, 2019 7:49 AM MDT

Two Gods there be in history,  He of the OLD TESTAMENT. Jealous vindictive. He of the NEW. All about LOVE. I choose the latter. I am very familiar with the Councils of Nicaea wherein many men debated what to include and what to exclude from The Bible. Women were second-class so they were of no consequence. The politics of the church were very strong and the "holy" folks strongarmed and bullied their way through them. Many books were excluded from the Bible due to politics and misogyny. The anti-woman sentiment is bred within men it seems. If they could have made the Virgin Mary Virgin Maury they would have done so. I'm gonna ask that question.They gave short shrift to Mary as is the wont of men generally. Yes there are exceptions. No there are not many.  Thank you for your reply DB and Happy St. Paddy's Day Sunday to thee! :) This post was edited by RosieG at March 17, 2019 5:31 AM MDT
      March 17, 2019 4:57 AM MDT