Active Now

my2cents
Malizz
Danilo_G
Element 99
Randy D
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » My dad was a MARINE in World War 1. He wouldn't have wasted his spit on a bonespur draft dodger. Why do you?

My dad was a MARINE in World War 1. He wouldn't have wasted his spit on a bonespur draft dodger. Why do you?

The American Military is a VERY OLD (except for the Air Force) and VERY RESPECTED AMERICAN INSTITUTION. To serve your country in battle and lay down your life if you must is the most honorable thing I can think of dying for.

The ARMY was born June 14, 1775

The NAVY was born October 13, 1775

The MARINES were born November 10, 1775

The COAST GUARD was born August 4, 1790

The AIR FORCE was born September 18, 1947 .

Posted - March 18, 2019

Responses

My parents were BRAVE.  They made me brave.  I admired their courage.  I admired my dad who would do anything to protect anyone he could.  Not just himself or his own family.  My dad was a great man.  I well up when I think of him and how lucky I was to have him.  

That is my dad.  My dad would have PUKED had he seen this man.  I cannot imagine what my mom would do.

I can.  She and I lived here in this home for 25 years and she loved Obama.  She loved listening to what was going on and she would have been on the phone with her girlfriends and family talking about TRUMP nonstop.  She would be worse than me. 

I miss that woman every day.  We would be talking about this 24/7.

My dad was a simple man.  He did not finish high school.  But my dad was not some idiot who would yell LOCK HER UP.  My dad was supposedly the UNEDUCATED that Trump favored.  My dad had common sense and a heart.  So, education has little to do with it.  

My idea of educated is someone who has learned how to use the head and heart to navigate through life and not forsake others who get in the way.

That is Trump's idea of fatherhood.  

I choose my dad.
      March 18, 2019 11:52 AM MDT

My dad left school in 8th grade Sharon to help the family. This was in "the old country"...speficialy Iznir, Turkey. My parents were immigrants as were their parents. They came here for a better life. They became NATURALIZED citizens after studying and learning about their adopted country. THEY WERE VERY PROUD TO BE AMERICANS. THEY VOTED. THEY PAID TAXES GLADLY! They instilled in me a love of country as a first generation NATURAL-BORN citizen. So though I miss them I am glad they are not here to see what this lunatic and his toady sycophants have done to their country! FASCISM RACISM WHITE NATIONALISM as the national religion as promulgated by a bonespur draft dodger who is a thug! It would break their hearts. SIGH. Thank you for your thoughtful reply and Happy Tuesday. His diatribe raving rants is poisoning everything we were taught to hold dear. He will continue his lunacy until someone stops him...or he destroys us completely. It would be very sad ignominious ending to what used to be...once a time... an imperfect country with visions and ideals worth fighting for. What is worth fighting for today? There is only fighting against.,
      March 19, 2019 1:42 AM MDT

• I think we can all agree that the American Military is a very old and very respected institution. Certainly, it was a life changing experience for those who participated. You had a chance to build both body and mind and learn to be part of a team with specific goals to attain. That was then. Much has changed in the forty years since I was part of the Air Force. I was drafted by the Army and enlisted in the USAF soon after. Now, I hadn't planned to go and I really didn't want to go, but it was the law of the land so off I went. It was without a doubt, the best thing this kid ever did. The "life experiences" were worth the four year investment. But back to the question. Since this is one of the typical slurs at the president that are so common here, I'd ask you to consider that the last two Democrat administrations were headed up by two "Commanders-in-Chief" that saw no service. Their lack of service didn't seem to hurt either's resume. So, it would appear that you can have a bonespur or a bonehead at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. Take your pick. By the way, speaking as one who was on active duty during war time, we appreciate your father's service in WWI. We are a fraternity and band of brothers bound by service. 
      March 18, 2019 12:11 PM MDT

How about this.  

How about the fact that this MORON denigrates FOUR STAR GENERALS and insults the military left and right?  Does any administration prior proudly blast our defense department?

Answer that first.  Then I will continue.  I won't have to because the answer is clear. NO ONE ever.
      March 18, 2019 12:14 PM MDT

:):):)
      March 19, 2019 1:52 AM MDT

Unrelated to your question RosieG, but do you think your father would be proud of the country as it is today, which he fought for in world War I?
      March 18, 2019 3:18 PM MDT

He would be appalled kj. He would be despairing. Though I miss my parents I am happy they aren't here to witness this debacle. They were immigrants as were their parents. They became naturalized citizens PROUDLY SO and I am FIRST GENERAL AMERICAN, natural-born. My saying my dad wouldn't waste his spit on liddle donny dingbat is very true.  If true that the military is in the dingbat's pocket as he boasts my dad would be ashamed of what the military had become. I certainly am if the dingbat's boasts are true. All those who fought and died for this country priorly would be rolling over in their graves. Liddle donny dingbat is what they fought AGAINST! Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday! :)
      March 19, 2019 1:57 AM MDT

Of course; if you include the National Guard, some American units go back even before the Revolutionary War.

In fact; the oldest command in the US, operating under its original charter, is the (Rhode Island) Artillery Company of Newport (1741).
    They actually elect their own officers, and answer to the Governor of New Jersey.  They opted NOT to become a federal National Guard unit.

March 18, 2019 3:40 PM MDT

Has the National Guard ever weaponized and sent to fight and die in foreign lands Walt? Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday.
      March 19, 2019 1:58 AM MDT

If it's an Infantry unit, it has a high chance of being deployed.
    Many were sent to Iraq/Afghanistan.
    Though, they may only be deployed for a year ... and their mobilization and demobilization time count towards that year ... unlike Regular Army units.

The whole reason for turning state militia units into National Guard units, was so the federal government could more easily call members to federal service (rather than a draft).
      March 19, 2019 7:36 AM MDT

I did not know that Walt. Thank you for your informative reply!  :)
      March 21, 2019 3:42 AM MDT