Active Now

Malizz
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » "...government of the PEOPLE by the PEOPLE for the PEOPLE shall not perish from the earth". Not of by for the prez. Why is Don so dumb?

"...government of the PEOPLE by the PEOPLE for the PEOPLE shall not perish from the earth". Not of by for the prez. Why is Don so dumb?

Does Don don KNOW what the Gettysburg Address addresses?  Does he understand what it says, means, wishes?   Abraham Lincoln who wrote that was a president.  Does Don don even know who Lincoln was? I'm just sayin'.

Posted - March 22, 2019

Responses

There's the old saying: "Actions speak louder than words"
    And Lincoln's actions prove he didn't really care what the People wanted, as long as the Union was whole. 
    (As I point out, from his letter to Horace Greeley)

Anyway.
    The thing about Trump that nobody can deny ... whether they admire or despise him ... is that he has a way of bringing problems with our system to the spotlight.
      March 22, 2019 7:54 AM MDT

So he serves a useful purpose then? He sheds light on problems we had but had no knowledge of until  the stable genius told us so? I shall have to ponder upon that bigly Walt. I believe he has brought nothing of value with him and destroyed of value that was here. I like that. I  shall ask it. Thank you for your reply.
      March 22, 2019 1:20 PM MDT

There's a book I bought years ago from JPFO.org ... HOPE
    It's about a 3rd Party candidate who winds up President.
    At one point in the book, he makes the argument that by using Executive Orders and Veto Power, he will force Congress to work together to reclaim authority they have passed to the President.

I think Trump has brought about a similar situation.
    Not that it was his goal, but we have more conversations now about limiting Presidential Power than we've had since the Civil War.
    Not even Nixon caused so much debate.
      March 22, 2019 1:51 PM MDT