Active Now

Malizz
Shuhak
Randy D
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Who would be responsible to train the pilots how to disengage the thingamajig if it malfunctioned? Some piilots DID NOT KNOW HOW! WOW?

Who would be responsible to train the pilots how to disengage the thingamajig if it malfunctioned? Some piilots DID NOT KNOW HOW! WOW?

Posted - March 22, 2019

Responses

As far as I know the problem isn't because pilots don't know how to shut off the thingamajig - the problem is pilots aren't trained to work with the new thingamajigs  that are part of the new technology in fuel efficient planes. So I think the responsibility first falls on the manufacturer to inform a buyer that all their pilots will have to have a 100 hours of training on flight simulators before they can fly the planes. Then if the airline buys the new plane it's up to them to make sure the pilots gets the training. Cheers and happy weekend!
      March 22, 2019 12:03 PM MDT

Well they're grounded for how long I don't know. So at least for now there will be no more crashes. You can't crash what stay on the ground. Thank you for your reply Nanoose!  :)
      March 22, 2019 1:32 PM MDT

Boeing Training Facilities and a lot of simulator time.  Neither crew was that experienced
      March 22, 2019 1:41 PM MDT