Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » Since someone spread the idea that God made Donald Trump president and many people believe so -that has an effect on his approval rating?

Since someone spread the idea that God made Donald Trump president and many people believe so -that has an effect on his approval rating?

"God made Trump president so that is proof  that he is a good presdent"
He can do no wrong. 

Posted - March 24, 2019

Responses

People voted for Trump. He CAN do wrong to some people, but in the long term, his choices will be best. That is how he became a billionaire. We have a 20 trillion dollar debt. If we don't stop with all the programs and spending, the Chinese will own America. Start learning that language. 
      March 24, 2019 5:36 AM MDT

This is the same type of self-reinforcing confirmation bias as the old trope, “God wouldn’t give me anything I can’t handle”. 
    Doesn’t make it true, just creates false confidence in the unknowable. Makes me think of the Dark Ages. 

IMO, there is a small percentage of zealotry who would promote such an idea, and they prop up the ratings. 
      March 24, 2019 5:42 AM MDT

So we're not the greatest of humans, but did we really deserve this level of punishment, God?????

March 24, 2019 6:41 AM MDT

Never heard that except in Rosie's Corner but the reasoning involved - God made him pres - God can do no wrong, therefore he can do no wrong - seems pretty gratuitous.  After all he is human!   Maybe his opponents will have him "investigated" and bring indictments for " collusion" with "foreign powers".  
      March 24, 2019 6:46 AM MDT

Sara Sanders: God wantedTrump to become president..

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-us-canada-47066659

March 24, 2019 8:45 AM MDT