Active Now

my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Music » What are some songs wherein their titles are only heard once in the lyrics, and are the very last words of the lyrics?

What are some songs wherein their titles are only heard once in the lyrics, and are the very last words of the lyrics?

~

Posted - March 26, 2019

Responses

• Half Way Home by TV on the Radio.

March 27, 2019 10:36 AM MDT

Tequila

LOL
      March 27, 2019 1:47 PM MDT

The Doors.

Stronger than Dirt.
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to navigation Jump to search
    "Touch Me" The Doors-touch me wild child.jpg Single by The Doors from the album The Soft Parade B-side "Wild Child" Released December 1968 Format 7-inch single Recorded October 1968 Studio Elektra Sound Recorders, Los Angeles Length 3:11 Label Elektra Songwriter(s) Robby Krieger Producer(s) Paul A. Rothchild The Doors singles chronology "Hello, I Love You"
    (1968) "Touch Me"
    (1968) "Wishful Sinful"
    (1969)   Audio sample

Menu

0:00

"Touch Me" is a song by the Doors from their album The Soft Parade. Written by Robby Krieger, it is notable for its extensive usage of brass and string instruments, including a solo by featured saxophonist Curtis Amy. Ray Manzarek played harpsichord and organ on the song; he also interpolated the guitar riff from the 1967 Four Seasons song "C'mon Marianne" in his part. The song is also noted for the last sung line, "stronger than dirt", which was taken from a contemporary Ajax commercial.

It was released as a single in December 1968 and reached No. 3 on the Billboard Hot 100 and No. 1 in the Cashbox Top 100 in early 1969 (the band's third American number-one single). The single also did well elsewhere, peaking at No. 1 in the RPM Canadian Singles Chart and at No. 10 in the Kent Music Report in Australia. However, despite the band's commercial success the previous year, "Touch Me" did not chart in the UK Singles Chart.

A remixed version with added bass and compression appeared on a 1974 compilation called Heavy Metal released via Warner Bros. Special Products.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at March 27, 2019 1:53 PM MDT
      March 27, 2019 1:52 PM MDT