Discussion » Questions » Computers and the Internet » There's an ANSWER BAG group on Facebook? How can there be an ANSWER BAG group if I am not there?

There's an ANSWER BAG group on Facebook? How can there be an ANSWER BAG group if I am not there?

Posted - April 1, 2019

Responses

• Yeah!!  What the heck is that all about.  :)

April 1, 2019 9:32 AM MDT

What do you mean?  Not getting this.... You are Mrs. Cleaver for godsakes.  Why aren't you there??? LOLOL

(I'm kidding.  Stay HERE)
      April 2, 2019 12:29 AM MDT

• I'm there now ... and here.  :)  

April 2, 2019 5:08 AM MDT

I have mentioned it to you before.  ABers.  I'm the admin now.  The group was originally started by mountain mama, and tennessean (sp?) I think.  All former AB members are welcome.  It not a very active group all the time.  It will get very active and then die down and someone posts something interesting and everyone is back chitchatting for a while.  I'm glad some are still around. 
      April 1, 2019 7:06 PM MDT

Oh I remember mountain mama - she was cool. 
      April 1, 2019 7:23 PM MDT

I remember her.  She was.
      April 2, 2019 12:33 AM MDT

I cannot for the life of me think of any reason I would ever consider it.  

Have fun.  I have no good memories of that site.  The last year was so horrific, I was PB'd every other day.  And I cannot believe I am speaking to Mrs.; Cleaver like there is no history. BUT REALLY?  WHO CARES.  

That is over and I don't want to repeat it.  I remember those creeps from England that were on there.  If I ever have to run into them ever again, it won't be on purpose that is for sure.

I had a lot of friends on there of course, but that was yesterday and yesterday's gone.

April 2, 2019 12:32 AM MDT

April 2, 2019 5:22 AM MDT

• I'm in that group 

too bad its not too active and i can't troll with my real face
      April 1, 2019 7:08 PM MDT

Check in from time to time.  Activity comes in spurts. 
      April 1, 2019 7:37 PM MDT

You know what I do miss? Answer Bag's original format.  I loved the home page. I loved MY page with everyone's answers on there that I could see and address when I felt like it.  It was so much better than this.  Sorry.  It was.

This site has a lot going for it.   It has a lot better tools and such, but that layout made for a better exchange of ideas between people.  You could actually DEBATE on there.  On here?  It takes five minutes just to find my last comment and continue.  When we had a question that people were answering, it stayed in the queue.  Now?  You cannot find anything (at least I can't) from the prior day.  

April 2, 2019 12:39 AM MDT

Every question you ever answered or asked was on a page that you could search with CTRL-F. You could see everybody's if you wanted.   That was the best feature ever.  This place has nothing.  You can look back a page then it starts that irritating thing of giving you a few more when you get to the bottom of the page.  Whoever invented that should be shot!  I liked having the ability to not only like but to dislike by subtracting points. 

Yes, the threads flowed just like a conversation and were easy to follow.

Oh yeah, and the notifications just worked.  There was a notification page where they all were.  You could look through them easily to see what was said.  Never see the same thing 16 times like on here.  I would venture to say that more money has been spent here on notifications than was spent on AB.  Even in the internet era, simpler times were better.  Marching to change just for the sake of it is something I've never agreed with.   Over there the history page was probably based on a WORD page.  It had no features...just the text of everything you had ever done on AB.  And that was a great feature.

I don't think there was a "friend" thing either.  It serves no purpose anyway.
    Update:  Yes, there was a friend thing.  You could choose to only see the questions that friends had asked and/or answered.

This post was edited by Thriftymaid at April 2, 2019 11:31 PM MDT
      April 2, 2019 10:56 PM MDT

On AnswerBag, I liked the feature that allowed you to rank posts by the quantity of responses, either the fewest (0), or the most.  I could look at another member's profile, search his or her questions, answers, or comments, and assign a descending or ascending view, and then select unanswered questions and answer them if I wanted to.  Here, dozens of questions go unanswered merely because they're never seen.  If two or more days pass, a question gets pushed further and further out of the noticeable que and soon is forgotten forever (reminiscent of Yahoo.answers) and doomed to oblivion.
    ---

April 2, 2019 11:19 PM MDT

Oh yes, I remember that.  I usually just left it as 'newest first.'  But I did sometimes go to "unanswered questions" and find something interesting for which I had a comment. This post was edited by Thriftymaid at April 2, 2019 11:29 PM MDT
      April 2, 2019 11:26 PM MDT

Yes!  And AB had, when it was working, a very good search engine so we could enter a topic or word and come up with all the related and relevant posts over several years. 
      April 3, 2019 5:26 AM MDT

Why can't you troll with your real face?  Forgive me, but I am not on there and don't know their rules.
      April 2, 2019 12:42 AM MDT

Are you already on FaceBook?  If so, just look for the group and then go there. (You’ll love it: I’ve never joined FaceBook.)

~

April 1, 2019 10:05 PM MDT

NO.  OF COURSE I'M NOT ON FACEBOOK.  If I were on Facebook, I would be on Answer Bag.  Wouldn't I????  (Randy, this is  a JOKE, I would never join AB)

Why would I love it?  I cannot stand Answer Bag.  Screw them and the horse they rode in on.  And I am not going on Facebook.  I might consider it if it helped with my business, but I don't know how to even get on that site.  I have no patience. I need to be shown. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at April 2, 2019 12:40 AM MDT
      April 2, 2019 12:28 AM MDT