Discussion » Questions » Politics » Why are politics more popular on this site than sex and relationships or gardening?

Why are politics more popular on this site than sex and relationships or gardening?

Posted - April 1, 2019

Responses

Because they are important in the fact that the WHOLE WORLD IS BURNING RIGHT NOW AND OUR LIVES ARE IN THE HAND OF A MONSTER.

That makes it kind of hard to play at house and garden and cooking and nonsense.  NONSENSE because if we don't get this monster out of the OVAL and the rest of those pigs, life as you want to play act?  IT IS GONE WITH THE WIND.

That's why,.
      April 1, 2019 9:43 AM MDT

If I understand your answer correctly you are saying what is most popular reflects what is most vital in our lives.  I don't know about that.  I would much rather be engaged in sex and relationships or gardening.  For me politics are the "play-acting".  Because I engage in them rather unwillingly.  And because I am content to warm myself at the fire. 
      April 1, 2019 10:24 AM MDT

No.  You don't understand my answer. That is NOT what I said.

What I said is she asked for it. So if she is going to be all sad and sensitive, too damn*d bad.  I cannot believe some of the stuff she asked.  And I think it is FINE, but don't get all silly and sensitive when you are asking if your husband ever had a three way and was caught by you and how did you feel about it. 

That is the stuff she was interested in.  So. Have at it.  But don't be shocked when people answer you. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at April 1, 2019 10:27 AM MDT
      April 1, 2019 10:25 AM MDT

And who is "she"? 
      April 1, 2019 10:28 AM MDT

AND WHO IS SHE?  

Oh brother.  WHAT ARE WE TALKING ABOUT?  The question is ..... YOU WROTE IT.... Remember?  She is in the question.
      April 1, 2019 10:37 AM MDT

Now I am completely confused.  I asked nothing about my husband. And what is that that has so "shocked" me?  No question this site is not always for the silly and the sensitive and the myopic.  Which is why I guess I limit the amount of time I allow myself to spend on here. 
      April 1, 2019 10:46 AM MDT

No wonder you are.  It is ME. I screwed up.  I had answered a few questions about you missing Neelie and I put that comment here.  No wonder you answered that way.  MY BAD.   
      April 1, 2019 10:53 AM MDT

Neelie has been my friend on here and for a couple of years formerly on AB.  Sometimes becomes discouraged or just has better things to do (as we all do) so I don't hear from her for a while.
      April 1, 2019 10:59 AM MDT

She's fine.  I just don't interact with her all that much because she and I ask different things.  

April 1, 2019 11:02 AM MDT

* Politics is at the forefront of a lot of folks minds.  With the US being highly polarized (politically) and the UK in a "Charlie Foxtrot", people are extremely frustrated and want to air their views.

* Sex is only allowed in AdultMug (and even then one has to be very careful, lest what they say/do is used against them in the future).

* Gardening is a dirty subject.  It's akin to politics - lots of mudslinging, most of the folks doing it are knee-deep in fertilizer, things that were buried always seem to sprout up later, and every mother's child has their own ideas on how to get rid of the "weeds".
      April 1, 2019 10:22 AM MDT

I don't know about those.  We can "air our views" all we want but doesn't mean anyone will read them or listen to them or take them seriously. And as far as AdultMug is concerned I have been posting there for over two years now and I am willing to accept full responsibility for what I say/do. 
      April 1, 2019 10:30 AM MDT

• Lowest common denominator.  Politics are the most common and uninspired side of humans . More base than sex.
      April 1, 2019 11:11 AM MDT

?? Politics are just a label for how to run a government in a society.

And I don't know what kinds of SEX you enjoy, but my sex was never base.   I made love.  And I vote for people who stand for something and care about what matters.
    What passes for POLITICS these days is underhanded and rotten.  YES. I agree. But that is not the way politics should be handled and it is not the way much of it is handled.

I have HOPE for the future if we can just oust the pig and put someone decent in the Oval again.

Peter Paul Montgomery Buttigieg[1] ( /ˈbtɪɛ/ BOO-tih-jej; born January 19, 1982) is an American war veteran, politician and the mayor of South Bend, Indiana. He is also a lieutenant in the United States Navy Reserve.[2] He was a consultant at McKinsey and Company, a management strategy consulting firm, from 2007 through 2010.[3] Buttigieg is a graduate of Harvard University, a Rhodes Scholar, and a veteran of the War in Afghanistan.[4]

Buttigieg is running for the Democratic Party's nomination in the 2020 presidential election, campaigning on universal healthcare, protecting American jobs by strengthening labor unions as well as renegotiating trade deals, ensuring universal background checks for gunsprotecting the environment by addressing climate change, protecting DREAMerspassing a federal law banning discrimination against LGBT people, and ending the drug war by legalizing marijuana.[5][6]

He is the first openly gay Democratic candidate for the office, and the second openly gay U.S. presidential candidate overall, following Republican Party candidate Fred Karger.[7] If elected, he would be the youngest as well as the first openly LGBT American president.[8]

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at April 1, 2019 11:18 AM MDT
      April 1, 2019 11:16 AM MDT

• Politics are the lowest level of cognition.  There is nothing enlightened or higher about the subject and discussing them is one of the most base and low level topics of .conversation.  There is no good that comes out of it and conversations about politics lead to anything being better or brought people together.  No,  politics is the art and crafts of division.  Want to see the worst and most animalistic side of a.person?  Get boring and talk about politics. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at April 1, 2019 11:36 AM MDT
      April 1, 2019 11:23 AM MDT

• For the record politics has always been underhanded and rotten and the fact is even now they are at some of the most civil and peaceful levels ever.  Politics has always been dirty and underhanded.  Hell   violence and fists used to be a common occurrence  between politicians on the floor.
      April 1, 2019 11:25 AM MDT

Yeah.  Pretty much.  I agree.  No argument here.  

But, it doesn't have to be that way.  Meaning.  I think we have seen the lowest we can sink to with this creep in office.  The good side of it is that anyone we choose next could be our way out of this behavior.

If Trump did anything, he opened the door to the possibility that we will never give anyone this much power again.  He should have been kicked out after the first month and he should never have gotten elected in the first place.

SO YOU ARE MORE RIGHT THAN I AM ON THIS.
      April 1, 2019 11:28 AM MDT

• I kinda agree that.  Its like a when a junkie hits rock bottom,  it's a horrible position from taking the wrong path  but can be the best thing that ever happens to them if they choose to pull out of it.
      April 1, 2019 11:34 AM MDT

• Nor is it to say I don't fall.into the topic either. Like I said they are the lowest common denominator and base,  that makes th airing them attractive to the lizard brain.
      April 1, 2019 11:37 AM MDT

I don't know what this means, but that's nice 
      April 1, 2019 11:38 AM MDT

• No paragraphs ?
      April 1, 2019 11:42 AM MDT

• Especially in today's world, politics is on most of our minds .. in a very scary way that many of us haven't experienced before.  We can no longer sit back and trust that the right things are going to happen.  We're seeing that "bad" is now the new norm and that's something none of us can afford to ignore.  
      April 1, 2019 11:33 AM MDT

You are right. People have been lying and cheating for EVER.  But, you can only screw so much up before change can happen.  TRUMP has made things so BAD that we have to improve or die trying.
      April 1, 2019 11:39 AM MDT

Because sex is a personal thing which I don't wish to discuss with anyone other than the person with whom I'm having it.  Gardening is not available to most people who live in urban areas.  Politics is something that affects everyone whether we like it or not and the way politics is conducted has a direct bearing on all our lives.
      April 1, 2019 3:27 PM MDT

• To each her own. 
      April 2, 2019 6:02 PM MDT