Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Food and Drink » I dont know if they have this at your city, but you should try it

I dont know if they have this at your city, but you should try it

If they have Haagen-Dazs ice cream in your city, try this one coffee flavor. and let me know how you find it 

Posted - April 2, 2019

Responses

WHERE IN THE HELL DO YOU LIVE?  IN A CAVE?

That stuff has been all over the world for the last 30 years.
      April 2, 2019 11:49 AM MDT

i didnt knew they had that in the USA too. 
      April 2, 2019 11:52 AM MDT

They have it EVERYWHERE.  

They have a lot of things in the USA that you don't know about. Like TRUMP.  You don't know a thing about him either.  

Sorry. I know I am  being mean, but I have a hard time with people who talk as you do about this President.  Drives me UP THE WALL.

Häagen-Dazs (US/ˈhɑːɡəndæs/UK/ˌhɑːɡənˈdɑːz/, orthography-based pronunciation: [ˌhæaɡenˈdɒʒ])[1] is an American ice cream brand, established by Reuben and Rose Mattus in Brooklyn Heights, New York, in 1961. Starting with only three flavors: vanillachocolate, and coffee, the company opened its first retail store in Brooklyn, New York, on November 15, 1976.[2] The business now has franchises throughout the United States and many other countries around the world including Japan, the United KingdomAustraliaIndiaChinaLebanonNew Zealand, and Brazil.[3]

The company also produces ice cream bars, ice cream cakes, sorbetfrozen yogurt, and gelato.[4]

History[edit]

Häagen-Dazs' first store at 120 Montague Street, Brooklyn, New York

Häagen-Dazs's founder Reuben Mattus was born in Poland in 1912 to Jewish parents. His father died during the First World War, and his widowed mother migrated to New York City with her two children in 1921.[15] They joined an uncle who was in the Italian lemon-ice business in Brooklyn. By the late 1920s, the family began making ice pops, and by 1929, chocolate-covered ice cream bars and sandwiches under the name Senator Frozen Products on Southern Boulevard in the South Bronx, delivering them with a horse-drawn wagon to neighborhood stores in the Bronx.[5][6]

Häagen-Dazs' store in VivoCitySingapore.

The Senator Frozen Products company was profitable, but by the 1950s the large mass-producers of ice cream started a price war,[clarification needed] leading to his decision to make a heavy kind of high-end ice cream. In 1959, he decided to form a new ice cream company with what he thought to be a Danish-sounding name, Häagen-Dazs,[5] a move known in the marketing industry as foreign branding.

The Pillsbury Company bought Häagen-Dazs in 1983. In 1999, Pillsbury and Nestlé merged their U.S. and Canadian ice cream operations into a joint venture called Ice Cream Partners. General Mills, in turn, bought Pillsbury in 2001 and succeeded to its interest in the joint venture.[16][17] That same year, Nestlé exercised its contractual right to buy out General Mills' interest in Ice Cream Partners, which included the right to a 99-year license for the Häagen-Dazs brand.[18][19] Since then, pursuant to that license, the Dreyer's subsidiary of Nestlé has produced and marketed Häagen-Dazs products in the United States and Canada.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at April 2, 2019 9:10 PM MDT
      April 2, 2019 1:25 PM MDT

I've not tried Haagen Daaz ice cream, yet. I see it often, though.
    And if I tried it, the Coffee flavor would be, literally, the last flavor I'd try, ha! I hate, absolutely hate, the taste of coffee, ha!
    :)
      April 2, 2019 9:12 PM MDT