Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » The Dondon has a problem with Hollywood. Hollywood can't stand him back. Do you think he is going too far?

The Dondon has a problem with Hollywood. Hollywood can't stand him back. Do you think he is going too far?

Allegedly he ordered his Justice Department to THREATEN those involved in the OSCARS. I'm not sure of the details but do you approve of a president invading the domain of others and telling them how to run the business? Would YOU tolerate his poking his vast nose into  YOUR business and threatening you to obey or suffer the consequences?

Posted - April 3, 2019

Responses

Presidents can speak out or tweet all they want but they have no authority over private business.  Trump never expected to receive the endorsement of "Hollywood" nor does he seek to cultivate it.  Movie people have the right to use their influence to swing elections if they so choose.  Just as we all do.

Many of us have no interest in Hollywood and certainly spoiled and pampered film "stars" running off at the mouth have helped put us off the whole business. 
      April 3, 2019 5:01 AM MDT

Hey there OG, I realize this has nothing to do with Rosie's question, and very little with your response, but I just meant to ask, on friendly terms: couldn't Trump also be described as spoiled, pampered and running off at the mouth?
      April 3, 2019 5:05 AM MDT

:):):)
      April 3, 2019 5:19 AM MDT

I would say not as judicious as he could be in many of his statements as well as his interactions with others.  But then he believes it is right and proper to just be genuinely himself and not to pretend to be anything else.   Anyone who has seen and been involved in as much of real life as he has cannot be sheltered and pampered.  They just don't go together.  He knows what people are like and he has learned  to deal with them.  Being a hardnose can't be easy.  
      April 3, 2019 5:20 AM MDT