Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Are you still in touch with your penfriends of your school and college days? Have you met any face-to-face in person or on Skype, etc.?

Are you still in touch with your penfriends of your school and college days? Have you met any face-to-face in person or on Skype, etc.?

Posted - April 4, 2019

Responses

• I don’t remember having one of those and if I did I probably hated it. 
      April 4, 2019 6:59 PM MDT

I'm in touch with pretty much everyone I ever knew via Facebook.  I never had a pen pal who I didn't actually know.  I would meet people at summer camp and then we would write between seasons and sessions.  That's about all of my pen paling.  I don't skype and I don't post pictures of myself or any of my family online.  Period.  I used to email regularly with some people.  In fact I used to email with Nunya from AB; you probably remember her.  Now I just see her on Facebook.  She was the very first person I met on AB.  That was the first site I ever typed anything on.  I didn't branch out in the world of QnA either; I just visited AB daily until it fell for good and after that started coming here. This post was edited by Thriftymaid at April 5, 2019 8:24 AM MDT
      April 4, 2019 9:25 PM MDT

• Yes, I was friends with Nunya on AB, and I remember her well. 
      April 5, 2019 8:25 AM MDT

In grade school they had us write to kids in other countries but I don't think very many of them wrote back. In your younger days was it common to write to people you did not know?

In the pre-internet days I regularly wrote to friends and acquaintances I did not see regularly and I have saved much of their correspondence.  Now I no longer do that which is sort of sad but shows the effects of the modern age. 
      April 5, 2019 5:16 AM MDT

Gladly, NO!

~
      April 5, 2019 6:52 AM MDT