Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » If's good if you can understand even if you disagree. But to understand shouldn't you be able to RELATE to something that RESONATES ?

If's good if you can understand even if you disagree. But to understand shouldn't you be able to RELATE to something that RESONATES ?

Are YOU able to relate to anything "the other" holds to be dear and true or is all of it incomprehensible to you?

Posted - April 8, 2019

Responses

I could catch you out on the typo on the second letter. My keyboard's not much better. 

You're definitely a lot wiser if you take the trouble to understand where the disagreement's coming from. If you can't even relate to it, at least one side, perhaps both has a problem. 

April 8, 2019 5:14 AM MDT

I am 81 Malizz. I am declining. I read and re-read my posts BEFORE hitting enter and I ALWAYS find many instances where what I sent was incorrect and then I try to make amends. I am unbothered by those who focus on minutia or tertiary or peripheral or irrelevant. I consider "proper" spelling to be all of that and more. If you felt a need to call my error to my attention then it's OK with me. However I shall let this one stand as a testament to my imperfection. I rather like it.  I have learned to deal with disappointment. I expected better than that from you however. There are several resident Answermug members whose only raison d'etre is to catch people making errors and show their superiority by "correcting" them. I am not impressed. My bad. Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday to thy. No I do NOT mean thee. I mean THY because it rhymes with REPLY. This post was edited by RosieG at April 8, 2019 8:56 AM MDT
      April 8, 2019 5:27 AM MDT

There are times when I can understand when someone differs in their opinion from mine.  I take into account that they may have been brought up differently than I was or had different life experiences than I did.  It doesn't mean I have to agree with them, just that I understand why they feel that way.  What I can't understand, for example, are people who will look at someone who lies every time they open their mouth and yet will make every excuse in the book not to call them a liar.  I guess those are the alternative facts people.
      April 8, 2019 9:01 AM MDT