Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Should foreign nationals entering the US have the same constitutional rights as its citizens?

Should foreign nationals entering the US have the same constitutional rights as its citizens?

Posted - April 8, 2019

Responses

There are different rights as a citizen (voting and gun ownership come to mind). 

Certainly, foreign nationals are entitled to human rights, some of which are constitutional rights. 
      April 8, 2019 8:05 AM MDT

I agree. I'm not sure why I want to say this but, we had a foreign national working for us. This person was not allowed on Ft. Bragg and therefore ultimately had to be let go because the majority of the work we do is on Ft. Bragg and in high-security areas such a JSOC and SOTF. I never did a clear answer as to why he was not allowed on base. 
      April 8, 2019 7:13 PM MDT

Passing the background check is the problem EJ, the FBI'ts have gotten real testy since 9/11.  Blanket overall rejection since overseas references you cannot trust. 

Exceptions do exist, say you worked with MI5. MI6, SAS, or similar in the UK no problem.  Germany is a blanket rejection, their services are lousy with Russian Intelligence; GRU or FSB.  Swiss probably, their internal security top drawer. The list is amusing to look at at times

April 9, 2019 12:55 PM MDT

Nah
      April 8, 2019 7:32 PM MDT

If that were to happen, the meaning and importance of citizenship would be greatly diminished.  Oh, wait . . . 

~
      April 8, 2019 8:54 PM MDT

Element what are you asking? The only things a foreign national cannot do is vote or buy a gun, otherwise they have full rights.  There are restrictions on some Nationalities movements however.  My partner has these rights when we are Stateside.

I do believe Illegals should lose some of the rights they are exercising.  I believe they should be limited to safe detention, speedy trial and speedy deportation to point of origin or entry.  Repeat of the offense should be adjudged a Capital Crime.  Birthright citizenship should be ended as well.
      April 9, 2019 1:00 PM MDT

No.  They are invited guests as a rule and must be treated as outsiders.  They don't get to go to Mar A Lago just because they can pay the price. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at April 9, 2019 2:53 PM MDT
      April 9, 2019 1:03 PM MDT