Active Now

Discussion » Questions » History » Have you ever met a descendant of someone famous? Are you?

Have you ever met a descendant of someone famous? Are you?

I met one of Abe Lincoln's. He looked exactly like him. He didn't want to talk about it.

Posted - April 8, 2019

Responses

My neighbor was a realtive of Mary Elizabeth Jenkins Surratt, who was an American boarding house owner convicted of taking part in the conspiracy to assassinate U.S. President Abraham Lincoln. Sentenced to death, she was hanged and became the first woman executed by the US federal government.
     (he said) hahahaha
      April 8, 2019 11:03 AM MDT

No, I am not famous. 
      April 8, 2019 11:04 AM MDT

You are here. We all are.
      April 8, 2019 2:59 PM MDT

Oliver Reeds son at a Scuba Diving stand held in a huge venue at the Arena in east London....
    This tall guy working on the stand drinking a pint of beer was the image of his dad....I went up and told him who I thought he was and was right :) 
      April 8, 2019 4:10 PM MDT

It's quite possible that I've met a descendant of a famous person; however, I don't usually ask a person for their pedigree when I meet them.

Oh, but I most certainly am famous!   Why, everywhere I go someone's asking me for my autograph.  The clerks at the supermarket wont let me leave until I sign the "autograph book" they have set up at the checkout for them (who do I make this out to?).  Even when I go to the doctor, one of the receptionists will always asks me for my autograph before I even have a chan to sit down (wait, didn't I give you an autograph last time I was here?  How many do you need?).  And folks down at the DMV not only want my autograph, put a picture of me as well.  The paparazzi are always trying to sneak a picture of me.  One of them was really nice though.  He got a picture of me as I was driving through an intersection... and then sent me a copy of it in the mail!  I thought it was so polite of him that I sent him back the autograph he asked for (but not the money... nice try).   Of course al this fame does have its drawbacks.  The last time I went to the emergency room at the hospital, I had to sign 8 different autograph books before they'd let me in (heart attack, schmart attack...  I always have time for my fans).
      April 8, 2019 5:21 PM MDT

We know the great Granddaughter of Cornelius Van Horn. He was the surveyor that found the railroad rout through the Rocky mountains. He's also in the history books for stealing the Golden spike when they joined Canada's East coast railroad with the West Coast railroad. I was famous for growing the best pot in District 69 but you won't find that in the history books because I was really sneaky about it. Cheers! 
      April 8, 2019 5:27 PM MDT

One of my good friends in high school was a direct descendant of Kit Carson.
      April 8, 2019 6:39 PM MDT