Active Now

Slartibartfast
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » Does everyone have a "tipping point" where if they are pushed too far they will go ever the edge? How do you know what someone's tipping point is? What if the tipping point is the product of delusion?

Does everyone have a "tipping point" where if they are pushed too far they will go ever the edge? How do you know what someone's tipping point is? What if the tipping point is the product of delusion?

Can mental instability lie just near the surface and may not be discovered if everything is always smooth. easy breezy and hunky dory? When  people "lose it" what is the "it" they lose and can it ever be retrieved? If you lose "it" once are you more apt to keep losing it if the circumstances are right? It's just too weird see someone whom you thought was rock solid crumble from what you think is nothing.    

Posted - August 30, 2016

Responses

• Ughhhhhhhhhh 

I've reached that tipping point myself several times and I'm not proud of that. 

It's usually been from the conservative, Anti-LGBTQ crowd.

Someone who cheating on me experienced my wrath once.  I did go all out because one thing I cannot not tolerate is being lied to and betrayed. 

I've seen people lose their S**t from a delusion or imaginary problem. It's not pretty and unfortunately, the US race for POTUS has induced this reaction in many people. 

August 30, 2016 9:45 AM MDT

I think everyone can have a tipping point.

Go through something exceptionally shocking and/or traumatic and it's not hard to go into a tailspin.

Some of the "strongest" people I know today have survived some incredible hardships.

August 30, 2016 11:30 AM MDT

•   August 31, 2016 10:35 PM MDT

•  

August 31, 2016 10:35 PM MDT

I did just once when I was 14 and it scared the crap outta me GJ. It never happened again. Now that is not to say  it won't but I'm 78 and it hasn't so far. I do yell and swear at the TV rather frequently when pols are on some show and lying or certain pol surrogates are on and lying. Jim just chuckles at me and tells me to "give 'em he** honey". Of course it blows over and I move on. But in my real life with real people? Nope. I'd like to see someone try. I just cut all ties with anyone who tries. I don't put up with rude or mean or crazy or insolent. So shoot me! Thank you for your reply GJ and Happy Thursday! :)

September 1, 2016 1:48 AM MDT

I was tipped just once when I was 14 PeaPod. Never happened again and at age 78 I doubt it will. Of course there is always that possibility since anything is possible. Thank you for your reply and Happy Thursday! :)

September 1, 2016 1:49 AM MDT