Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Business » If you started collection agency business do you think you could make up nice scary letters so the deadbeats would be afraid not to pay up?

If you started collection agency business do you think you could make up nice scary letters so the deadbeats would be afraid not to pay up?

"You'd best get yourself a lawyer soon because you might need one"

Posted - April 8, 2019

Responses

Well I was in the pot biz and deadbeats were afraid not to pay me for spots so I'm sure it would work the same if I started a collection agency so I wouldn't have to write letters. Cheers! 
      April 8, 2019 9:55 PM MDT

Are you going to muscle your creditors?  LOL  I think that is mafia mentality.  CHEERS!
      April 10, 2019 12:51 AM MDT

• I wouldn't even want to try.  People who don't pay their bills aren't going to be "scared" by threatening letters for the most part.  If they were afraid of consequences .. they would have either paid their bills on time already .. or had the decency to contact their creditors to try to work out a solution.  

What irks me .. some of those "deadbeats" end up just being written off as a lost cause.  So people who pay their bills and who care .. have to pay up .. those who don't ... often get off without paying.
      April 9, 2019 4:19 AM MDT

The profit margins for such a business are so small, that you’d likely bow out of the business before very long. 
      April 9, 2019 5:15 AM MDT

Sure.  But, I can't imagine making my living that way.  I never minded pursuing satisfaction of a debt on behalf of my company though.  This post was edited by Thriftymaid at April 10, 2019 12:25 AM MDT
      April 9, 2019 6:25 PM MDT

Well, I COULD MAKE ANY LETTER YOU WANT ME TO.  That would be a piece of cake for me.  However, I have a conscience and I could not do that.  I believe in Karma and I have owed plenty in my life.  So, no hypocrite am I.  Unless, of course, you paid me a bundle.  After all, look at all the GOOD I could then do.  (Hypocrite's anthem)   This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at April 10, 2019 12:41 AM MDT
      April 10, 2019 12:23 AM MDT