Active Now

Element 99
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Environment » Do you think spaces and places could be reserved in remote areas of the Grand Canyon just for hoarders to keep all their junk?

Do you think spaces and places could be reserved in remote areas of the Grand Canyon just for hoarders to keep all their junk?

Oodles of room there and it would not be causing any trouble for other people. 

Posted - April 9, 2019

Responses

Why go there when we have trashed the entire planet?  We are all hoarders.
      April 9, 2019 10:53 AM MDT

Not I. 
      April 9, 2019 11:38 AM MDT

Okay.  Then go live in the Grand Canyon. It is still pristine I hear.
      April 9, 2019 11:42 AM MDT

I might be tempted to steal stuff from the hoarders to start my own collection of junk.
      April 9, 2019 11:46 AM MDT

• I hope not.  I hope we can preserve those beautiful, natural landmarks as they've been for eons!  I think it makes more sense for people to be responsible and realistic and only save what they have space for.  After all, "stuff" isn't as important as saving our environment is IMO.
      April 9, 2019 2:42 PM MDT

We have plenty of other places ... old missile silos, old armament depots, old mine shafts.

Heck, if the stuff has any actual value, I understand there's even a government-run "time capsule" someplace that stores all that stuff so future generations will have it.  Of course, the irony being it's all kept in a "secret" location that the average citizen can't access anyway.  So it's really just a case of government being the hoarder.
      April 9, 2019 2:45 PM MDT

It doesn't cause trouble for other people anyway.  Why do you (or anyone else) care if someone fills up their house with crap.
      April 9, 2019 6:19 PM MDT