Active Now

Echooos
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Relationships » Has anyone else besides me ever gotten a scam dating email?

Has anyone else besides me ever gotten a scam dating email?

Posted - April 11, 2019

Responses

At least once/day ... but they automatically go to my TRASH folder, so I don't normally see them (unless I'm checking the trash folder for a "lost" email).
      April 11, 2019 10:23 AM MDT

When I was with yahoo. they were pretty good at catching them but a few sneaked through. I have received none since I switched to gmail.
      April 11, 2019 11:05 AM MDT

I get them weekly at least, most end up in the Junk Bucket.  That said a few slip through and get deleted.  NBD  - There are weeks I do playing wack a mole
      April 11, 2019 11:49 AM MDT

Its not dating that i receives... I receive emails that says like ' want to meet sexy 30 y/o women in your area ?' and things like that...

Or i also receive emails saying like someone won the jackpot and they want to share it with me , i just have to reply to their emails... scams like that lol 
      April 11, 2019 12:53 PM MDT

I use gmail and a very secure operating system.

A few got through back in the old Experience Project days.
    They got short shrift.

Have never had any problem with them here.

Have never joined any online dating site.

My online profile is not enticing - deliberately.

In general, at 62 I'm too old to be interesting or attractive to online cruisers - and I take that to be a blessing.

Sex and romance scammers are a real risk.
    If you meet one it's a good idea to pass their contact details to police.
    They don't just target one person. They fish on an industrial scale.
    The damage they do to vulnerable people can be serious and tragic.
    By dobbing, there's a good chance that you will save not just yourself but many.
    This post was edited by inky at April 12, 2019 12:18 AM MDT
      April 12, 2019 12:11 AM MDT