Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » This is how Mike Pence thinks. He believes he is a BETTER CHRISTIAN than any CHRISTIAN of whom he disapproves. Does he have a GOD complex?

This is how Mike Pence thinks. He believes he is a BETTER CHRISTIAN than any CHRISTIAN of whom he disapproves. Does he have a GOD complex?

Do you think YOU are a much better Christian than other Christians of whom you disapprove or whom you dislike? Why would you think that? How do you KNOW what is in their hearts? Some nerve.

Posted - April 12, 2019

Responses

I walked out of the Church when I was 13.  I never looked back.  I had to put up with this crap and lies for 8 years of idiots trying to explain GOD to me.  

I was raised to believe that the Catholic religion was the only true religion.  The only pathway to God.  

????

I saw evidence to the contrary on a daily basis and I could not imagine my neighbors who were very good people, as Trump likes to say, going to Limbo or worse because they were not baptized Catholic.  

I don't know what nonsense they spew these days, but that kind of isolationism is totally idiotic and devisive.

Then there was purgatory.  These people got to be saved, but they had to wait and suffer for some time before they gained entrance.  (venial sins, not mortal sins)

We had cut outs of bodies in Purgatory and every time we prayed, a soul was lifted higher out of Purgatory.

They moved the cut outs up a notch on the chart.

God would be so proud. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at April 13, 2019 3:03 AM MDT
      April 12, 2019 10:34 AM MDT

At age 12 I was teaching kindergartners about God in weekly Sunday School classes in the Presbyterian Church I attended. By about age 15 I walked out and never looked back. I'm slower than you. It took me longer to figure out that church got in the way of God and me. We're still tight after all these years. SIGH. Thank you for your reply Sharon! :)
      April 13, 2019 3:04 AM MDT

• I see by your question that you've entered the area of mind reading. Does a "God Complex" go along with that uncanny ability? Is it a bonus gift for those who practice such a talent? Surely if you can delve into another person's psyche, then the rest of us might show an inclination to read another's "heart". No, you don't know the heart or mind of Mike Pence. You know just enough Pop Psychology to be dangerous. You see, I can read hearts too.
      April 12, 2019 10:59 AM MDT

If you need a mind-reader to decipher the OBVIOUS?  No wonder you voted the way you did.

No man can serve two masters, the Bible teaches, but Mike Pence is giving it his all. It’s a sweltering September afternoon in Anderson, Indiana, and the vice president has returned to his home state to deliver the Good News of the Republicans’ recently unveiled tax plan. The visit is a big deal for Anderson, a fading manufacturing hub about 20 miles outside Muncie that hasn’t hosted a sitting president or vice president in 65 years—a fact noted by several warm-up speakers. To mark this historic civic occasion, the cavernous factory where the event is being held has been transformed. Idle machinery has been shoved to the perimeter to make room for risers and cameras and a gargantuan American flag, which—along with bleachers full of constituents carefully selected for their ethnic diversity and ability to stay awake during speeches about tax policy—will serve as the TV-ready backdrop for Pence’s remarks.

When the time comes, Pence takes the stage and greets the crowd with a booming “Hellooooo, Indiana!” He says he has “just hung up the phone” with Donald Trump and that the president asked him to “say hello.” He delivers this message with a slight chuckle that has a certain, almost subversive quality to it. Watch Pence give enough speeches, and you’ll notice that this often happens when he’s in front of a friendly crowd. He’ll be witnessing to evangelicals at a mega-church, or addressing conservative supporters at a rally, and when the moment comes for him to pass along the president’s well-wishes, the words are invariably accompanied by an amused little chuckle that prompts knowing laughter from the attendees. It’s almost as if, in that brief, barely perceptible moment, Pence is sending a message to those with ears to hear—that he recognizes the absurdity of his situation; that he knows just what sort of man he’s working for; that while things may look bad now, there is a grand purpose at work here, a plan that will manifest itself in due time. Let not your hearts be troubled, he seems to be saying. I’ve got this.

And then, all at once, Pence is back on message. In his folksy Midwestern drawl, he recites Republican aphorisms about “job creators” and regulatory “red tape,” and heralds the many supposed triumphs of Trump’s young presidency. As he nears the end of his remarks, his happy-warrior buoyancy gives way to a more sober cadence. “We’ve come to a pivotal moment in the life of this country,” Pence soulfully intones. “It’s a good time to pray for America.” His voice rising in righteous fervor, the vice president promises an opening of the heavens. “If His people who are called by His name will humble themselves and pray,” he proclaims, “He’ll hear from heaven, and He’ll heal this land!”

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at April 13, 2019 3:05 AM MDT
      April 12, 2019 11:01 AM MDT

:):):)
      April 13, 2019 3:04 AM MDT

It's a pretty common belief among Christians.
    That's why there are so many sects.
       "You aren't worshiping God correctly.  Our sect is.  But at least you aren't as bad as those pagans."
      April 12, 2019 11:08 AM MDT

My entire life I have been puzzled by this ridiculous need to feel one is "better than" others. Where does it come from? We are all better at some things, the same at things and lousier at somethings. SO WHAT? That makes us all human. Can you figure it out Walt because I have tried and I'm stymied. Thinking you are better than others doesn't make it true. But all around you it's obvious that cliques and cabals and groups and throngs and madding crowds and political parties think they are "better than".Delusional. True some lousy is lousier than other lousies but lousy is lousy no matter how you slice it. Thank you for your reply! :)
      April 13, 2019 3:10 AM MDT

Well, I saw it start in elementary school ... but it really got stronger in middle school, where people started being divided into actual groups due to sports and other activities.
      April 15, 2019 7:16 AM MDT

FAKE NEWS.

Show me one quote where he has attacked anyone for not being a good enough Christian.....just one. 

Pence is attacked all the time for being a Christian. Made fun of for saying God talks to him. Made fun of for not allowing himself to be alone with any woman other than his wife.   He has not attacked anyone. 
      April 12, 2019 11:21 AM MDT

He doesn't attack.  HE JUST IS.  He is a judgmental moron who thinks GOD is on his stupid one-sided side.

He is an Evangelical.  Nose in air, eyes to Trump.  He is a walking poster boy for GOD IS ON MY SIDE and the side of righteousness.  He is nauseating.  He is a hypocrite.  You don't judge people because you think they need to behave the way you do.  He is blinded by ambition and he thinks duty to Trump will get him fame and the ability to lead others like himself to GOD.  

Meanwhile, he supports the most evil and debased policies imaginable.  And lies about it.  God loves him. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at April 12, 2019 11:38 AM MDT
      April 12, 2019 11:36 AM MDT

Evangelical just means you believe in God and tries to spread the good news of the gospel. That is what it means to evangelize. 

Such judgement but it is not coming from Pence...it is being aimed at him.  

Show me where he judged anyone. He has not. 

God is on my side as well. As least that is what the Bible tells me.
      April 12, 2019 12:59 PM MDT

My 2, I know what it is supposed to mean and many (I'm serious) good people are sincere in their following of Evangelical dogma.

They are as likely to reach the heights in heaven as anyone that has led a good life, harming no one and sincerely and heartfully putting God first.  I know.  I have people in my life of all faiths and I honor them and their take on God and welcome their beliefs.  They MUST mirror mine or I see a flaw. That is because all of the honored and major religions of the world mirror my beliefs.  Including the Christian faith.

That is not ever disputed by me.  What I do dispute is a person claiming to represent a belief system to use it to his own end.
    That is the path of the white old dinosaur that I despise.  They really do not do any justice to their kind.  I remember only flawed and ignorant morons when I think of old whitey.  
      April 12, 2019 1:13 PM MDT

He looks down upon Mayor Pete, an openly gay human being who is one of the people running for prez on the side of the dems. His disdain for Mayor Pete was so obvious that Mayor Pete said "if Pence has a problem with who I am his problem is not with me but with my creator". That is not fake news m2c. Are you unaware of that? Have you not read about it? Did Fox News neglect to cover it? Because if you had read it and been aware of it you could not have written this reply. It is misguided and mistaken. You can correct it if you are interested in truth. Or ignore it if you are not. Your choice. Enlightenment or darkness? Which do you prefer? This post was edited by RosieG at April 13, 2019 3:15 AM MDT
      April 13, 2019 3:13 AM MDT

Yes, Fox covered what Mayor Pete said. 

There was nothing to cover about Pence disapproving of Pete. Because VP Pence has never said anything against him. I fact there are quotes of Pence praising Pete. 

Pence's responses when asked about the Mayor coming out of the closet: “I hold Mayor Buttigieg in the highest personal regard. I see him as a dedicated public servant and a patriot.”

A year earlier, Buttigieg had been deployed to Afghanistan as a member of the U.S. Naval Reserve. According to the Indianapolis Star, “a noticeably moved Pence called Buttigieg the day he was driving to the base.”

Pence is the one being attacked by Pete. 

So saying Pence is attacking or disapproving of Pete is FAKE NEWS.

This post was edited by my2cents at April 13, 2019 6:09 AM MDT
      April 13, 2019 6:08 AM MDT

He has an idiot complex! Seriously, if there's a God, given everything we know - he would seriously disapprove of a man who has false pride and who thinks himself better than anyone else. Christianity is NOT a contest.. if people think that it is then they seriously misunderstand the word and meaning of the word of God
      April 13, 2019 3:02 AM MDT

Hallelulayah! Exactly ADDB. "Love thy neighbor as thyself". Period. End of story. There are lots of phonies out and about among the worst of which are the religious phonies. They talk the talk but don't walk the walk. Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday to thee! :)
      April 13, 2019 3:17 AM MDT