Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » "I think that I shall never see a poem as lovely as a tree". Well what thing of nature do you wax poetic about and why?

"I think that I shall never see a poem as lovely as a tree". Well what thing of nature do you wax poetic about and why?

Posted - April 12, 2019

Responses

Dirt and things that grow out of the ground.  And the non-human things that live on the planet.  It's a marvel.

Image result for pics of garden of eden This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at April 13, 2019 2:38 AM MDT
      April 12, 2019 11:49 AM MDT

I love it when the sun breaks through the clouds as shown in that photo. It is so MAJESTIC and AWESOME. Thank you for your reply Sharon and the beautiful photo.
      April 13, 2019 2:39 AM MDT

• The power and majesty of the sea. BTW, you've misquoted Joyce Kilmer. It's "a poem lovely as a tree". A common error. 
      April 12, 2019 12:46 PM MDT

At least that was a well-intentioned, and interesting correction.   There is a difference between being helpful and being a grammar Nazi.  This kind of correction helps us.  (are you listening American Flag guy?)  I never knew that. I would recite it wrong because I kept adding the as.

THX This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at April 12, 2019 12:54 PM MDT
      April 12, 2019 12:52 PM MDT

Nothing more to me doth enthrall
    Than the splendor of a waterfall.

Thundering over a hillside bare
    Spraying mist into the air.

Tirelessly plunging from lofty height
    Never sleeping by day nor night.

April 12, 2019 4:26 PM MDT

Ever been to Hawaii Shuhak? Waterfalls everywhere! Jim always comments on the beauty of waterfalls and would like nothing better than to have a huge spread with a waterfall he could look out at from the window. Many years ago when I was kid we visited Yosemite and there are waterfalls there. For me it would be the Northern Lights which I have never seen in person. Only on TV but that was good enough to take my breath away. There is something so mysterious about them. Oh. And once long ago we saw a DOUBLE RAINBOW! It was very amazing! Thank you for your reply! :)
      April 13, 2019 2:43 AM MDT

Clouds - it would be clouds for me I think. I find them romantic, relaxing and inspiring. 
      April 13, 2019 2:45 AM MDT