Active Now

my2cents
Malizz
Danilo_G
Element 99
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Do you see things in your dreams, then see them in real life afterwards ?

Do you see things in your dreams, then see them in real life afterwards ?

The other day i dreamt i was seeing an old ferrari car, then the next morning i look online on a news website and i see almost the same thing on the news website. Kinda strange.

Posted - April 18, 2019

Responses

• all the time. they're called psychic dreams. this one in particular sounds like a clairvoyant dream (as opposed to telepathic or precognitive). I've had precognitive dreams that have described future events down to specific details. 
      April 18, 2019 1:51 PM MDT

I believe that would fall under the Baader-Meinhof phenomenon, or "frequency illusion." When we see or learn something new (or maybe not new, but something that has left an impression on us, i.e. something from a dream), our brain starts up a selective attention bias where we will subconsciously be hyper aware of any occurrences of that thing. The prevalence of the object/person hasn't actually increased, you're just more readily able to detect it when it's there.
      April 18, 2019 3:26 PM MDT

That happened back in 2008, it still amazes me. 
      April 18, 2019 5:06 PM MDT

I've known several people who experience having a dream come to reality usually the following day. Seems some people have a mind or brain designed to provide that ability. 
      April 18, 2019 7:54 PM MDT

I do not remember anything from my dreams. I just sleep and wake. I am sure I dream just no memory of it.
      April 19, 2019 6:12 AM MDT