Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » Are those who cannot control their emotions a danger to themselves or others? If you are out of control of your words are you concomitantly out of control for your actions?

Are those who cannot control their emotions a danger to themselves or others? If you are out of control of your words are you concomitantly out of control for your actions?

Once identified I stay clear of loose cannons. They can go off at any time at any one in any direction for any reason or no reason at all. They are like landmines. You don't know they are there until you step on one.  There is no warning. All of a sudden KA BOOM! Yikes, egads, gadzooks and good grief!  :(

Posted - August 31, 2016

Responses

Yeah those individuals can be dangerous.
    Someone can lose control of their words, but can refrain from doing anything stupid. I have seen it and experienced it once.

August 31, 2016 4:59 AM MDT

I did something stupid ONCE when I was 14 Oscar. It never happened again. I was so furious with my mom (and I'm 78 now so that was a very long time ago and I cannot remember what it was) that I stormed out of the house through the utility porch which had a door the top part of which was glass...a window. I smashed my right hand clear through that window and shattered it. I was lucky that glass shards didn't get into my eyes and I don't even remember if my hand was bleeding. I do remember being so shocked and frightened of what I had just done that it impressed on me the need to always maintain control and NEVER allow anger to boil up within me and explode. I never did. Ever again. That day still scares me  when I remember it. The fury I was capable of was truly scary as he**! I got it out of my system apparently. I was SCARED STRAIGHT so to speak! Thank you for your reply m'dear! :)

August 31, 2016 5:17 AM MDT

I know what you mean, ma'am.  Anger can be really scary. Happy wednesday to you too.

August 31, 2016 5:24 AM MDT

Thank you Oscar! :)

August 31, 2016 5:33 AM MDT