Active Now

Slartibartfast
Randy D
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » I lost control of me exactly ONCE in my life due to anger. I was 14 and I didn't know any better. Since then it hasn't happened. How about you? Are you always in control of you even when you're angry?

I lost control of me exactly ONCE in my life due to anger. I was 14 and I didn't know any better. Since then it hasn't happened. How about you? Are you always in control of you even when you're angry?

Posted - August 31, 2016

Responses

I almost lost it once. It was a very heated discussion, the other person resorted to blows I took them without striking back. But I was on the edge of becoming really mad with rage. My body was shaking due to the anger. Thankfully a third person intervened and stopped the hostilities before my breaking point. I thank God for that. I would have been in a serious trouble if I did. Also I hate my anger. I wish I could be peaceful all the time and avoid confrontation. 

August 31, 2016 5:11 AM MDT

I think as you age anger lessens within.  You took the blows without striking back?  Wow. That is impressive. Were you afraid you would really hurt the person? Thank you for your reply Oscar and Happy Friday! :)

September 16, 2016 5:01 AM MDT

I am in control of my anger now, most of the time. But I haven't always been.

But I still have my moments.

September 19, 2016 11:02 AM MDT

Wow! It happened at 14, you say? Do you think that you'll ever be able to regain that self-control?

September 19, 2016 11:16 AM MDT

• ONCE!?!?!?!

Wow.

Ok.

Yeah.

September 19, 2016 11:18 AM MDT

I scared myself straight m'dear. Have you ever scared yourself? It is not pleasant, I assure you. Thank you for your reply Lulu'sMom! I'm glad you're in control mostly! :)

September 21, 2016 3:26 AM MDT