Active Now

Malizz
Element 99
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Herman Cain Withdraws from Fed Board of Governors Consideration

Herman Cain Withdraws from Fed Board of Governors Consideration

According to Axios:  https://www.axios.com/herman-cain-fed-board-withdrawal-e495088f-db7b-4eb0-a7bd-3a67a271c09e.html

"President Trump announced in a Monday tweet that Herman Cain is withdrawing his name from consideration as a member of the Federal Reserve's Board of Governors, a week after Cain said he wouldn't withdraw.

"My friend Herman Cain, a truly wonderful man, has asked me not to nominate him for a seat on the Federal Reserve Board. I will respect his wishes. Herman is a great American who truly loves our Country!"

The big picture: Cain's potential nomination to the Fed already faced pushback from Republican senators due to sexual assault allegations, which he has previously denied. He told the Wall Street Journal last week, "I don't quit because of negative criticism. ... I don't quit because of negative attacks. And I don't quit because several senators have expressed reservations about my qualifications."

Well, Herm, why then did you drop out?  Maybe because you didn't have a snowball's chance in he** of getting on the Board.  

Posted - April 22, 2019

Responses

good news
      April 22, 2019 6:14 PM MDT

It sure is.  Now, if Trump would just withdraw from the presidency and take his cronies with him, I think we'll be all set.
      April 22, 2019 9:28 PM MDT

wouldn't that be cool?
      April 23, 2019 7:11 PM MDT

I hope for that every day. 
      April 23, 2019 9:04 PM MDT

OH NO!  WHAT'S TRUMP GONNA DO?  His token black person is gone now.  Maybe he should find a person of color who is not a crook, who is not despised by everyone besides Trump's base and one who actually cares about other black people?  

Oh yeah, I forgot. NO ONE WOULD APPLY.  That's why.

Even Omarosa grew a conscience.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at April 24, 2019 1:14 AM MDT
      April 24, 2019 1:11 AM MDT