Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Did you ever take anything from a grocery store when you were little?

Did you ever take anything from a grocery store when you were little?

If you did, what was it and did your parents make you take it back? 

Posted - April 22, 2019

Responses

• No, honestly I never stole or took anything. I have no good story to tell on this, meh :/ 
      April 22, 2019 8:04 PM MDT

oh this is embarrassing...
    when very young
    maybe 12
    I stole a candy bar from a store.
    they caught me, but didn't turn me in to the police.
    But my step dad punished me greatly.
    10 swats on the palm of each hand
    with a thick leather razor strap.
    ...a great influence on my behavior....LOL
      April 22, 2019 8:04 PM MDT

Yes, my sister and I would walk down to the nearby store, and while the cashier was in the back, we would grab some penny candy and leave. Of course, we had no money in those days. Years later, when I had a decent form of employment, I sent money to the store owner that covered our thefts many times over. 
      April 23, 2019 7:24 AM MDT

• Yes, I apparently stole a candy bar while sitting in a stroller. My parents didn't notice until they were putting me in the car and didn't end up returning it. I've always been a troublemaker :P
      April 23, 2019 9:51 AM MDT

No I'm afraid I did not until I was older and knew better.  After leaving home (I was 17) I did lead a pretty much hand to mouth existence for much of several years because the only work I could find did not pay enough to support myself.  So there were several supplementary strategies of which theft was unfortunately one.  No great interesting stories to tell. I did steal some food and books and occasionally other things and I am not proud of that but it happened. 
      April 23, 2019 8:36 PM MDT