Active Now

my2cents
Malizz
Danilo_G
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » The Dondonjohn sez he can't be impeached if the economy is doing well. Why? Where is that found in the Constitution or anywhere at all?

The Dondonjohn sez he can't be impeached if the economy is doing well. Why? Where is that found in the Constitution or anywhere at all?

Posted - April 23, 2019

Responses

The econony had mostly recovered from the Arab oil shock by the time Nixon faced a "quit-or-be-impeached" situation. It's slowing now - and neither Hoover nor Dubya were impeached for worldwide Depressions.
    I'm beginning to think that the Dems in Congress are lacking in balls.
      April 23, 2019 7:26 AM MDT

They are gawd awful Wimps and I'm  ASHAMED of all of them. They keep saying they are going to follow the evidence to see where it leads! SAY WHAT? We already know where it led. We have eyes and ears and also the results of the Mueller Report. What the he** are they waiting for? I'm so sick and tired of all that crap. If it were Republicans in charge they would  have impeached Hillary months and months ago had she done what their beloved corrupt criminal Dondonjohn done done. I have no more words with which to state my utter contempt for them. In fact I am shaking with rage just thinking of it. What fools. They are good at talking but doing? Thank you for your reply R and Happy Tuesday!  :) Tune in tomorrow for more of the same. Who is more inane? The trumpicans or the Dems?
      April 23, 2019 7:32 AM MDT

Clinton WAS impeached (but not convicted) at at time when the books actually balanced (which hasn't happened since).
      April 23, 2019 7:39 AM MDT

Didn't Clinton leave office with a surplus? Will that ever happen again?  When the cow flies over the blue moon I guess. Thank you for your reply R! :)
      April 23, 2019 7:41 AM MDT

If the Republicans were in charge, they probably would impeach Hillary if the accusations were the same---The difference is that in that case, the Republicans would be both prosecutor bringing charges and the jury who would convict.

If the Democrats do want to impeach, they are going to have to work it like a tsunami---where sentiment and inclination built to the point where the force of the water cannot be ignored by those in its path. (And what exactly would be the opportunity cost if they were successful---that's pretty hard to evaluate.)

But, to answer your last question:  Trumpicans by a landslide as inane. 
      April 23, 2019 10:24 AM MDT

Small comfort tom. SIGH. Thank you for your observations on a reply I had given to another respondent. Eagle eye! I appreciate it !  :)
      April 23, 2019 1:42 PM MDT

He's penciling it in right now....

Amendment number.. uh ...  one --I, the great and fabulous Donald J Trump, cannot be impeached, impeared, imcherried, imappled, nor any of those other fruity vegetable names - so long as the economy is doing great (or even mediocre).  And believe me, it's doing great. And it's all thanks to me.

April 23, 2019 9:48 AM MDT

Clever
      April 23, 2019 10:25 AM MDT