Active Now

Randy D
Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Queen Elizabeth was born April 21, 1926 making her 93 years old. Is she senile or just very polite?

Queen Elizabeth was born April 21, 1926 making her 93 years old. Is she senile or just very polite?

Why did she invite Dondonjohn for a 3-day official STATE visit? The Brits despise him. Remember baby blimp flying high in the sky when there was just "talk" than Dondonjohn would show up? What are you Brits gonna show your Queen to thank her for this? Why would she do it?  You Brits know her way better than I do. I can't figure it out. You?

Posted - April 24, 2019

Responses

One of the things about being a Monarch is you have to look at the long picture.
    She's got the job for life ... she has seen multiple administrations come and go, so knows "this too shall pass".
    But America and England are among the closest allies on the planet. 
    So she understands while they may not like Trump, it's better to "play nice" in the interests of maintaining cooperation now and in the future.
    (especially given Trump's history of tantrums if he feels slighted)
      April 24, 2019 7:18 AM MDT

Is that why America wanted to declare war on England and Canada in the 1930 if we were close friends....?   :) 
      April 24, 2019 8:47 AM MDT

There is no evidence for your claim that "America wanted to declare war" against either of those countries in the 1930s.

If you are referring to "War Plan Red" ... where the US Military devised plans for a war against the British Empire ... that does not show we weren't allies.

It is the duty of the US Military to plan for war.  Against ANY foreign nation or alliance.
    If we could look at currently classified material, I have no doubt we would find plans for war against the European Union.

Anyone who believes the military of other nations do any different, is naive.
    You can bet every nation - even our allies - have a plan if the US turns its military towards them.

April 24, 2019 9:00 AM MDT

I think the English Royal families and governments of yesteryear have committed some of the most vile atrocities of any nation.....We ( not I)  wanted to wipe out all of the indigenous people of Australia ....Kill all the tribes of Indians in America....Will still to this day want to control the Middle East because of its oil reserves.....You cannot say that American politicians don't want to do the same......
    I can well imagine we all invent war games against each other.....friend or foe.....
    How can I say about things before I was born though.....it was more than five years ago that I was told to read about what  America wanted or planed to do......there is so much stuff about it on the Internet.....
    Who was the First Nation to invent concentration Camps ,designed to kill men ,women childred and babies...
    It was England and used in Africa and something to do with Winston Churchill during the Boar war.....they killed countless thousands of white people....nothing was ever said or done against those that did it.....

Ariel Sharon wiped out every living Palestinians men ,women and babies held in their prison camps when he was a general in the seventies.....he was deemed a hero though....
    From what I read at the time some five years ago.....America was serious about what they planned....

The English armed the Japenese prisoners of war to police the Chinese or Vietnamese people after the end of WWII .....English Lord Mountbaton organizes it ...... The Japanese went on a killing spree again.....
    England has always been a war monger.....:(  

April 24, 2019 11:47 AM MDT

:):):)
      April 25, 2019 2:40 AM MDT

WHAT ?  What are you talking about here?  Oh, I see.  Thanks, Walt.  

No one is declaring war on anybody with that example.   This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at April 24, 2019 9:16 AM MDT
      April 24, 2019 9:14 AM MDT

So she is being gracious and polite because being otherwise could be harmful to her country given Dondonjohn's track record of viciously attacking those who don't kiss his corpulent a**. Preventive maintenance as it were. Thank you for your reply and defense of her actions Walt. You may be 100% correct. She probably DESPISES him as her people do but will fake otherwise. Will the Brits forgive her for this?
      April 24, 2019 11:41 AM MDT

I think they probably will.
    Especially if she trots out the grandmotherly photos, and the corgis.
      April 24, 2019 12:31 PM MDT

Yeah. Right. I expect Noblesse Oblige and protocol demands she be gracious at all times. It must very hard for her and hard on her. I wonder what awful stuff Dondonjohn will do/say during his stay? I wonder how many thousands of Brits will show up with signs and how many baby blimps will fly high in the skies? The Dondonjohn is obtuse. He can't tak a hint.  He'll blow his way through it committing all kinds of etiquette blunders. He should be good for  a lotta laughs on the various night-time comedians' shows. Thank you for your reply Walt! :)
      April 25, 2019 2:45 AM MDT

She has to do as she is told by the huge conglomerate companies that control all countries ,just like America and every other nation Rosie....:( 
      April 24, 2019 8:50 AM MDT

She was TOLD to do this? She was ORDERED to do this? Which huge conclomerate companies control all counties? Upsetting maximumly if true D. Thank you for your reply! :)
      April 24, 2019 11:58 AM MDT

The government tells her what to do basically and the large companies tell the government what they want....if they don't do what the companies want they set up in countries that will ..:( 
      April 24, 2019 2:56 PM MDT

So all the Royalty Pomp and Circumstance is just a facade? A beard?  A masque? None of it is real? It is all play-acting according to a script written by others? Is that true of Diana's boys too? How much does that play cost the Brits? Once again the news you provide does not make me happy sweetie. Not your fault. You are just reporting. And so it goes. So what IS REAL about any of them? Do they KNOW they are simply puppets? Thank you for your reply D and Happy Thursday to thee!  :)
      April 25, 2019 2:48 AM MDT

It's more a huge business for the royals Rosie.....people come from all over the world to look at them and all the idiotic pomp and spender that surrounds them all....
    Who on earth in their right mind would want to live the life any of them have to lead.....
    All are hounded by the press and none of them have been taught to speak coherently ....
    They might have a nice few quid off the state and apart from the queen ,none can speak normaly . 
    From what I've read about Diana's boys.....both are living a charade to appease the public and keep their business empire on a roll.....
    No one ,not even them kills the cash cow.....
    Look how Charlie boy abused Diana ....he only wanted the horse women ...:(

April 25, 2019 3:02 PM MDT

I think she is like My 2 Cents.  She is all about decorum and policy.  

What My 2 fails to see, is that there is ZERO decorum with this fat blunderer.  He had no idea how to conduct himself in the presence of the Queen.  Walked in FRONT of her and bungled his way through the photo ops.  

She would invite anyone of power to visit if it was expected.  She is a FIGUREHEAD first and foremost and she has had more practice stuffing her real feelings . Something Trump has no clue how to do.  I don't know which is worse.  I do.  I do. TRUMP IS THE WINNER.  EVERYTIME.  He is ALWAYS WORSE.
      April 24, 2019 8:52 AM MDT

During his 3-day stay imagine all the blunders his obtuseness will commit and all the protocol he will ignore and all the faux pas he will commit being totally oblivious to any of it because he is so very stupid dumb! I pity the Brits. I hope they show up en masse with protest signs for each of the three days and I hope the skies above are FILLED with baby blimps! Thank you for your reply Sharon! :)
      April 25, 2019 2:51 AM MDT

Why does it matter to you? All you need to know is that she is queen, she follows protocol, and may do as she pleases. He is president of the United States, not just Donald Trump. Try not to let it bother you!
      April 24, 2019 9:09 AM MDT

What is this NEW opening you have.  WHAT DOES IT MATTER?  If it didn't matter, she wouldn't ask it.  

WHAT DO YOU CARE WHAT MATTERS TO HER?  You are the one who is so worried about what matters to us.  I think it is because you cannot think of ANYTHING to say.  So, we have to hear this over and over again.  What does it matter?  Why do you THINK it matters?  It is a question on here.  Questions matter if you have enough imagination to say something more than WHAT'S it to ya?  

So brilliant.  

April 24, 2019 9:12 AM MDT

And why does how I choose to answer a question matter to you? Do I bust your stones about how you answer questions?
      April 24, 2019 9:20 AM MDT

You matter Stu. You are the Earth and Sun to me.  
      April 24, 2019 12:01 PM MDT

:):):)
      April 25, 2019 2:51 AM MDT

Mr Trump was invited by the Prime Minister, not the Queen; and the Queen keeps herself out of politics.

That separation between Government, Parliament and Monarch was developed largely following the 17C wake-up call of Cromwell's interregnum republic and the Restoration, and is a very important part of the British Constitution.

And yes, Britain DOES have a written constitution despite the myth to the contrary peddled even by people who should know better, including unfortunately some politicians. Their confusion may come from thinking a constitution is a single document as in the USA, but that misunderstands the definition.

The British constitution is enshrined in an extended set of Laws, procedures and Acts from Magna Carta onwards, that through the centuries have come to define the separation but professional links between Monarch, Church and Government; of the separation between Government and Parliament; the separation between the law-making Parliament and law-administering judiciary, and between the political policy-forming Government and impartial policy-operating Civil Service.

+++

Whether Donald Trump should be accorded a State Visit to the UK is another matter. I think he should come, but perhaps in a lower-key way - but is the UK inviting the President of the United States of America or a man called Donald John Trump who happens to be for the short time being, that President?

We cannot refuse to deal with the president of an otherwise allegedly-allied nation just because "we" do not like him as a person. I cannot say how effective or popular he is as President within his own nation, although I do not trust him and his White House cronies whose goings-one become ever more bewildering; but I regard Mr. Trump as singularly incompetent at international statesmanship.

Yet I am not going to oppose his visit. Rather, I try to look beyond the childish and boring anti-Trump demonstrations twaddle; and  I worry far about people like Jeremy Corbyn boycotting receptions, and the Speaker of the House of Commons wanting to ban him from addressing Parliament, than anything Trump may or may not say. Whether street clowns or ill-mannered politicians, all such demonstrators do not demean our guest: they demean themselves and more importantly than them, the country and its Parliament.

He will a guest. The UK will be his host. Let us act as a grown-up host and hope he acts as a grown-up guest. Let him come, let him have his say; and let us LISTEN to and THINK ABOUT what HE says, NOT what any of his opponents with their own reasons for doing so, want us to think he says or said.  If Mr. Trump is civil, constructive and analytical, and talks sense, fine. If he talks utter balderdash, tells lies or is rude to us, then he will only show himself up. 

April 27, 2019 2:28 PM MDT