Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » "Kill them now or you kill them later." Says AL Dem Rep. How does someone like this get elected? What happened to "safe, legal and rare?

"Kill them now or you kill them later." Says AL Dem Rep. How does someone like this get elected? What happened to "safe, legal and rare?

"Some kids are unwanted, so you kill them now or you kill them later. You bring them into the world unwanted, unloved, you send them to the electric chair. So, you kill them now or you kill them later."
AL state Congressman John Rogers (D)

I guess he has never heard of adoption. Millions of loving couples would love and care for those unwanted babies. 

Posted - May 2, 2019

Responses

"Millions of loving couples would love and care for those unwanted babies. "

We hear that a lot, but I don't see evidence of it.

1.3 million abortions/year VS 135,000 adoptions/year.
    That is 9.6 times as many abortions as adoptions each year.
    If there were couples waiting to adopt all those unwanted pregnancies - we wouldn't have kids waiting 3 years (average) to be adopted.
    Nor would we have thousands of kids in state custody due to a lack of foster homes.

This post was edited by Walt O'Reagun at May 2, 2019 2:56 PM MDT
      May 2, 2019 9:36 AM MDT

Adoption takes time. Also, the majority of children in foster homes are not available for adoption (75%)...the biological parent's rights have not been terminated. That is why it takes so long. 

Also not all who are not aborted would be put up for adoption. Some would be kept and loved either by the Mother or Mothers family. And some would not happen because the Mother would still be pregnant if she had aborted her original pregnancy. A current pregnancy is 100% effective contraception.
      May 2, 2019 10:56 AM MDT

I'm not talking about the kids in foster homes.
    I'm talking about the kids AVAILABLE to be in foster homes, which are still in state facilities.
    If couples aren't willing to foster those kids, I highly doubt they will adopt.
      May 2, 2019 11:05 AM MDT

There are roughly about 50,000 of the 400,000 foster children in congregate care.
    You will be happy to know that President Trump pasted a law recently limiting the amount of time a child is allowed to be in congregate care. This will force states to find better ways to care for the children. 
      May 2, 2019 2:17 PM MDT

Yeah ... not impressed, if that's true.
    Since there's no sign of all these caring couples stepping up their game.
    We will wind up with children going back to homes before a complete investigation is done (at the least) - or back to abusive homes - or to abusive foster homes, due to a lack of resources to thorough check those families.

May 2, 2019 3:31 PM MDT

That is what the group representing the foster children wanted...I will assume they know from experience which will be better for the children. 

So how do we fix it? Just kill them is not a fix.
      May 2, 2019 5:25 PM MDT

Your last statement is not completely accurate.  There are cases where a pregnant woman became pregnant with another child.  It's called Superfetation and is quite rare. 
      May 2, 2019 2:03 PM MDT

Ok. Still, the most effect conception prevention known to exist.
      May 2, 2019 2:20 PM MDT

Celibacy usually works too.
      May 2, 2019 2:35 PM MDT

True. That is the only 100% barring any medical procedures.
      May 2, 2019 5:15 PM MDT

There may be a time where adoption is the answer. THIS IS NOT THE TIME.  There would be literally millions of unwanted children on the planet without abortion.  Unless and until you can abolish sex before marriage and force marriage onto people who have gotten married for eternity, then you must have abortion.

There is NO viable alternative.  Imagine no abortion.  Imagine the flux of children being born now who have no parents to take care of them.  What do you think?  They have adoption houses on every corner now?  That is about what would happen.  If you think KITTENS are hard to get rid of, imagine trying to unload tons of babies.  

They cannot even get parents to adopt kids who are in orphanages today.

This is horrifying to consider.  Just because you have some romantic ideology about fetuses and what they face by being aborted.  They face NOTHING.  They go back into the beyond and try again.  That is all that happens.  

Period.  

On earth, we are responsible.  We cannot even take care of ourselves.  Imagine an unwanted child being born because his parents were forced to have him.  First of all, they are probably NOT married, secondly, the girl may have been raped, third, they have no money to care for the child.

Now we have to support the family.  The whole family.  Welfare.  And we have parents who don't want a kid.  Do you seriously think a  child is better off with hell for a future?  What about Junkie parents?  What about parents who sell their kids for drugs?  What about the huge number of people who have no business BEING parents in the FIRST PLACE?  Let's take care of that atrocity first and foremost before we get all self-righteous about who should be parents.  

You just want to force everyone to believe your religion.  Your religion does not account for death not being any punishment at all.   This is not punishing the baby.  That is like forcing all eggs and sperm to be tools of life.  Once they connect...there is life and there is no going back?  

Come on.  Unless and until we can provide totally for the life of the child, abortion is a better answer.  For EVERYONE.  
    This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at May 2, 2019 10:11 AM MDT
      May 2, 2019 10:07 AM MDT

"... the girl may have been raped ..."

Going to this point.
    In fact, the recent laws outlawing abortion do not allow exceptions in the case of rape.
    So those laws are forcing the woman to go out of state for an abortion - or be a continuing victim for 9 months, carrying the child of her attacker.  And she has to pay the bills for extra medical care, due to the pregnancy.

But I guess the "loving god" doesn't really care about victims.
      May 2, 2019 10:57 AM MDT

It is so convoluted that there is NO way to incorporate fairness or justice in any of it.  We need abortion.  Period.  It is the lesser of the evils.  
      May 2, 2019 11:00 AM MDT

Even if you allow for the standard exceptions.....rape, incest and life of the Mother, there are less than 3% of abortions are for these exceptions. Most rape victims keep the baby. 
      May 2, 2019 11:08 AM MDT

As the Mother of an unplanned pregnancy, who had no job at the time and a boyfriend who worked less than $800 a month....do abortion is not the answer. As a later Mother who had a recall on her birth control resulting in another unplanned pregnancy....no abortion is not the answer. 

Birth Control and if necessary adoption is the answer. 

A unborn baby feels pain. It is documented scientific fact. I am not pro-life because of my religion...I became pro-life after researching while being pro-choice for many years. I am pro-life because of facts.
      May 2, 2019 11:05 AM MDT

I am also a mother of unplanned pregnancy.  I had the baby.  So what?  I am not a poor black child who is walking down the street with my new body growing into a woman and some man decides to rape me.  

I have no way to take any birth control.  I have no way to stop the man.  I have no way to do anything.  I am not you or me with an unplanned pregnancy.

This is not some weird example.  Kids are getting pregnant in droves.  Some are raped, sure, but MOST ARE JUST HAVING SEX.  I don't know about you and your love of policy, but don't you think that the welfare roll would be off the charts?  Or do you not believe in welfare either?  Then we can just have dozens and dozens of homeless running around your neighborhood.  Then we can agree with your stand on immigration too.   Because we will all be too poor to afford any admittance of any people into the country.  We are too loaded with unwanted kids and poor people getting poorer.

Your facts are not my facts and your facts cannot be proven. Mine can.

Your plight of your pregnancy is NO different than MINE was.  I handled it.  Many cannot and you cannot judge what you do by the circumstances of what other people are forced to do.  YOU ARE NOT THE UNITED STATES.  The world does not revolve around you.  For you, abortion is wrong.  FOR YOU.  Not for  other people.  You live in the world, you don't dictate what we do that you would not.
      May 2, 2019 11:12 AM MDT

What does race have to do with it? It is a human baby, does not matter the color it is valued. It is a scientific fact the baby is alive...has a heartbeat and can feel pain. I have no problem with the government giving anyone assistance as long as there is a work requirement for able bodied people. (Most states do not require work for Mothers with infants)
    I do not allowing abortion for the purpose of saving the deficit. 

May 2, 2019 5:21 PM MDT

Both of my pregnancies were unplanned; I was on birth control pills.  I can not imagine a scenario where I would willingly kill my unborn baby.
      May 2, 2019 2:05 PM MDT

I cannot either. I would put up for adoption before I would murder my baby.
      May 2, 2019 5:27 PM MDT

Isn’t Judge Roy Moore from Alabama too? A Republican too?
    Gee, how does someone like him NOT get elected there...
      May 2, 2019 2:33 PM MDT

no idea
      May 2, 2019 5:43 PM MDT