Active Now

Danilo_G
Element 99
DannyPetti
Discussion » Questions » Business » Have you ever drank or did drugs at work? The better grammar is: Have you ever drank or drugged at work, but that sounds odd.

Have you ever drank or did drugs at work? The better grammar is: Have you ever drank or drugged at work, but that sounds odd.

This is the ONLY stoned we are supposed to be at work.

Posted - May 3, 2019

Responses

• Nowadays where I live that is automatic dismissal at any company. Even ten years ago could have a drink on lunch hour and still go back to work,  but not any more. 

I used to be on the  recreation committee for my employer and used to throw huge Christmas parties with dinners and dance, and we would supply taxi chits for all employees. Most companies won’t even throw social events where alcohol will be consumed anymore, even if offsite and not on company time. So no, those days are over.

May 3, 2019 11:07 AM MDT

I have had jobs like that and I got high every day and no one ever complained. Because no one ever knew.  If I ever got caught smoking weed (back then it was illegal and I smoked it, no edibles) I vowed I would never do it again because that would mean I was out of control and an addict.  I handled it.  When I had jobs that needed a urine test, I would have someone pee for me in a bottle and bring it in my purse.  

Those days are OVER thank god. LOLOLOL 
      May 3, 2019 1:18 PM MDT

Ya back when I was young and stupid but now a days my nic name is Mr. Safety and Mr. Safety never does drugs or alcohol at work. Cheers and happy weekend!
      May 3, 2019 11:10 AM MDT

I never get high at work on purpose.  I don't want to get high. I want to get even and serene.  SO I DO DRUGS EVERY DAY TO FUNCTION.  I drive perfectly.  I have not had an accident or ticket in I think, 20 years now.  

I passed all my classes in school with high marks and no sleep.  I think I am okay.  When I don't have any?  I am pretty okay, but it takes a lot more TIME for me to BE okay and any little thing can throw me off kilter. I cannot be like that at work. I have to BRING it all day.  People can feel my massage they are on my table getting my energy through my touch.  So it has to be natural and flowing and focused.  
      May 3, 2019 11:17 AM MDT

It must be tempting for you to do cannabis at work. If I had to put chocolate/marshmallow wagon wheels on a persons back (like the ones in the photo) I'd get the pre munchies and go out to the parking lot to blaze. Thought I would add a cannabis related story. Once I was rolling up some skunky weed  in a stale in the public washroom at city hall. A guy came in and it looked like he was wearing cop shoes. Eventually he said - smells good in here. I started getting paranoid that he was going to bust me but then I thought fast and said  - Um I just farted. Cheers and happy weekend!
      May 3, 2019 11:56 AM MDT

I read the first half of your sentence and you are not listening to me.  I am HIGH every day at work or I could not GO to work.  
      May 3, 2019 1:19 PM MDT

Me?  Ahhh, never!  
    My coffee mug reads:  Drinking out of a mug keeps it professional.
    Please take into consideration. One of my careers is my own company.  I drink every day. I Never have been drunk or even close while working and I don't do drugs. 
    It's a policy. Whatever it takes to make it through the day and doesn't inhibit your ability to do your job is just fine with me.  Know your limits and be happy. :) :)
      May 3, 2019 11:20 AM MDT

That is exactly right.  Whatever I keep in my purse and eat discreetly as long as I do my work better than most, I need to be left alone about it.  

Good point.  
      May 3, 2019 1:20 PM MDT

• i smoke pot in the parking lot a few times. and in the break room. and also one of the other managers was rolling joints in the office 

ive never had alcohol at work but i have been drunk at work. 

also years ago at my high school job  i sucked off this guy i was seeing in the break room. 
      May 3, 2019 11:36 AM MDT

I am not sure why you added the last part, but thanks for sharing. 

I barely even kissed anyone in high school. I had to graduate to start sucking.

May 3, 2019 1:22 PM MDT

• since I'm talking about all the other deplorable things I've done at work I may as well mention it 
      May 3, 2019 1:33 PM MDT

Sharon Marie Therese Veronica~ I am cracking up!!!
    I'm with ya on sucking in/at high school.  I, also, passed all my classes with high marks, while being a little high, and on no sleep.  I seem to be fine and happy now along with a great education. The one thing I didn't graduate with honors in was sucking.  I tried different approaches a few times.  Grading myself, I would have given me a C-.  I gave up the practice for a while.  Then, along came Don and I decided to give it another try.  Low and behold, he brought me all the inspiration to dig a little deeper and find those magic cues.  I think now, I can say, I have graduated. Big winks and smiles!
      May 4, 2019 3:23 AM MDT

I never did when I worked a job outside my home. However, now that I work from home, I occasionally have a drink when I work at night. I never get drunk, but maybe 1-2 nights per month, I'll have a single drink while I'm writing. 
      May 3, 2019 11:54 AM MDT

That is so sane there is NOTHING wrong with that at all.  You probably could drive after an hour and not even get a ticket.  Good, ol' sane Just Asking.  
      May 3, 2019 1:14 PM MDT

The better grammar would be:  "Did you ever drink or do drugs at work?"

No and no.
      May 3, 2019 1:11 PM MDT

No. That would be the "best" grammar.  Totally.  But I changed it after I wrote "drank" and went from there.  

May 3, 2019 1:13 PM MDT

Well, I didn't want to run afoul of Randy D, but I appreciate your explanation. :)
      May 3, 2019 1:27 PM MDT

You are no Grammar NAZZZZZZZI 

So, no worries.  
      May 3, 2019 2:15 PM MDT

Thanks. :)
      May 3, 2019 8:00 PM MDT

Only when I was young and had  low-paying jobs. 
      May 3, 2019 1:32 PM MDT

Glad those dog days are over for you.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at May 4, 2019 3:28 AM MDT
      May 3, 2019 2:15 PM MDT

Thank you.  I did drugs and drank for 13 years but not all the time. For a year I lived with this guy and he made me stop except for a few times I snuck them.  Smoking too. Working hard on a farm for two years helped start me getting rid of the toxins and I went from drinking al day to just once a day.  With some setbacks. Smoked well into my 30s but then started a health kick 20 years ago or so.   
      May 3, 2019 2:25 PM MDT

Great story.  I think the farm saved you and could save many if they were lucky enough to land where you did.  
      May 3, 2019 2:31 PM MDT

All women except for some male sub-contractors. I was taking classes three days a week and the rest of the week I spent up there.  For two years. 
      May 3, 2019 2:41 PM MDT