Active Now

Spunky
Malizz
DannyPetti
Discussion » Questions » Communication » Should I just go ahead and tell you everything about myself?

Should I just go ahead and tell you everything about myself?

What if the things I told you were things you despise? Would anyone who is my "friend" continue to remain?

Posted - May 4, 2019

Responses

I would like to know more about you.  Not sure but private messaging would be more appropriate for that.  But on this site so many seem to fear that! Whatever - we are what we are. And we must understand some will disapprove while others approve and most will not even give a damn.  So we put ourselves out there to share and hope others will get something out of our feelings and experiences whether or not they approve.

May 4, 2019 8:45 PM MDT

Of course I would remain. I feel sure if you knew what there was to know about me you would likely be the one to reject me. As I have been by previous net friends I felt close to. Or imagined I was close to. 
      May 4, 2019 8:50 PM MDT

I'm a lover of people and accept people for who they are. I would NOT be the one to reject you. I would be the one who would embrace you. 
      May 4, 2019 9:11 PM MDT

I think we should exercise caution in what we reveal about ourselves to total strangers on the internet. 
    We can never be sure who is paying attention. 

That said, it’s your life, let ‘er rip if you’re comfortable with the potential consequences. 
      May 4, 2019 9:06 PM MDT

I have always felt safe on the net because of the anonymity. I give out so many things about myself but never my last name or my address.  
      May 4, 2019 9:09 PM MDT

I'm not even close to revealing myself. Never. 
      May 4, 2019 9:12 PM MDT

• sure. as long as you haven't sledgehammered any puppies to death there isn't anything that would make me despise you.  
      May 4, 2019 9:15 PM MDT

Only if you want to.  I have the attention span of a gnat and if I do remember to get through it, I won't remember a word a week from now, so feel free to unload your soul.  You are safe with me.  
      May 4, 2019 10:27 PM MDT

I'm game.  What do I have to do, tell you that I'm really Donald Trump pretending to be an ordinary citizen?
      May 4, 2019 11:56 PM MDT

nah
    some things deserve to be unsaid
    and unseen...haha
      May 5, 2019 2:43 AM MDT

Sometimes we hide parts of ourselves because we think people won't like our true self. Most of the time, it's all in our head. I don't recommend posting anything that would ruin your career, your reputation or your relationships if it were found out, but I think it's OK to use AM to learn how accepting people can be and how to get past it if they're not. 
      May 5, 2019 6:17 AM MDT

• My experience is that people will say they are open and non-judgmental but if things don't fit into their world views, they tend to make it known and potentially, how you've disappointed them.

Not everyone will do this but not everyone needs to know everything about you. I cherish the select few who get to see the uncensored, unfiltered, unsanitized version of myself.

If I let my hair down here, I'd get kicked off this site in a hot minute lol.
      May 5, 2019 10:24 AM MDT

sure
      May 13, 2019 4:24 PM MDT