Active Now

Malizz
Spunky
my2cents
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » What can people do at an individual level to stop the "nature crisis?"

What can people do at an individual level to stop the "nature crisis?"

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-48169783
https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-48104037

Posted - May 6, 2019

Responses

You gotta be kidding.  The whole world is burning and you think I am in enough denial to hope that my recycling bin is an answer?

It is way way WAAAAY too late for any individual to do a thing.   Anyone who speaks out in power is mocked and ridiculed for political reasons.  

Al Gore is a joke to America.  

Because?  Those in power who stand to lose money will deny deny deny anything is even WRONG. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at May 7, 2019 11:34 AM MDT
      May 6, 2019 11:16 AM MDT

Fair to say you’ve given up?
      May 6, 2019 3:09 PM MDT

I don't think it is an individual thing. However, individuals working together can still make a difference. There are lots of good ideas below. 
      May 7, 2019 11:35 AM MDT

Stop buying single use plastic itiems like straw,cups ,wrapings  plastic bottles...the list is almost endless....

All nations that produce plastics and chemicals like washing powders,toilet cleaners  ,detergents ,synthetic female birth pills,any other medications that pass through our bodies once orally taken and end up in our sewer systems..should be forced to clean any where their discarded products pollutes....
    America discharges countless thousands of acid whey into its river systems, it's illegal worldwide and kills every living thing in the rivers America is the worst offended in the workd it seems....:( 

Who knows what just loosing one species will do to the enviroment....Killing all the Wolves in America's Yellowstone Park is a good example :( 
      May 6, 2019 11:40 AM MDT

Start with supporting nature on our own properties, and the properties adjacent. Wherever possible. Do the research. Plant trees, build green areas, reserve areas from development, clear out unused structures and rubbish. Eliminate invasive species. 

Stop buying and using environmentally hazardous products like styrofoam, dispose of toxics correctly, recycle plastics, and go solar. Conserve water. HAVE FEWER CHILDREN. 

Give generously to agencies that are doing the work already and demand those who want your vote to join you in supporting more environmental initiatives. 

Prioritizing environment over consumption in our personal lives, in our business, in our classrooms and in one voice demand it from our governments. VOTE OUT THOSE WHO WON’T. 

A few ideas, lets see if anyone else has any environmental acumen. This post was edited by Don Barzini at May 7, 2019 11:35 AM MDT
      May 6, 2019 3:26 PM MDT

About this subject the UN I do not in any way trust.
      May 6, 2019 5:31 PM MDT

Sounds like Yoda
      May 6, 2019 6:47 PM MDT

i dont think theres rnuch we can do
      May 6, 2019 5:59 PM MDT