Active Now

Randy D
Danilo_G
Element 99
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Today the DOW dropped 619 points. Who does this really affect?

Today the DOW dropped 619 points. Who does this really affect?

Posted - May 14, 2019

Responses

• Mexico, of course....they'll pay for it. :P
      May 14, 2019 7:44 AM MDT

Not me.
      May 14, 2019 8:39 AM MDT

• It did affect me somewhat. With my mutual funds, I invest the highest percentage amount legal for me to put in to American equity (ETF), because they tend to perform better over time than Canadian equities. There was an amount I was very excited to pass in my gains,and I reached it a month ago. Now it’s back below that amount:/ 

Not that it really matters because I won’t be touching that money for years, and it’s all bout the long term, but it still pissed me off lol.  

May 14, 2019 9:52 AM MDT

I don't even know what this means.  You are way over my head.  I know less about economics than Trump does.  No.  Not true.  But the stock market is not my forte'.  NOPE.  NADA.  I don't believe the stock market affects anyone but the wealthy.  If it affects the little guy, it is usually because there is a recession or worse. 
      May 14, 2019 9:57 AM MDT

• I’m no expert either, best advice I was ever given was to get a financial advisor when I got my first job and pay my future  first before anything else. Seemed stupid when I was in my twenties,but I listened.  it adds up and doesn’t seem so stupid anymore :) 
      May 14, 2019 11:10 AM MDT

You are pretty good to me.  You can speak "finance" way better than I can.  It is a language that you have to KNOW what you are saying to make sense and obviously you have a handle on more than I have.  Keep it up.  I can understand you at least.  I am too lowbrow for the likes of a David Cay Johnston or some economics giant.  

May 14, 2019 11:15 AM MDT

no idea
      May 19, 2019 4:41 PM MDT