Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
my2cents
Zack
Discussion » Statements » Spurred by Hateful Trump bigotry, a Transgender who was beaten, her head stomped upon then later, found shot to death...TRUMPISM

Spurred by Hateful Trump bigotry, a Transgender who was beaten, her head stomped upon then later, found shot to death...TRUMPISM

A transgender woman was found slain in a Dallas street over the weekend a month after a cellphone video showed her being brutally beaten in a separate case police said they investigated as a hate crime.

Muhlaysia Booker, 23, was found face-down early Saturday after Dallas police officers were called following reports of shots being fired. She was pronounced dead at the scene.

On  April 12 Booker was beaten unmercifully after a minor traffic accident . A police affidavit said Booker accidentally backed into a vehicle. The driver of that vehicle then pulled a gun and refused to let her leave unless she paid for the damage.

As a crowd gathered, someone offered $200 to a man to beat the woman, who suffered a concussion, fractured wrist and other injuries, police said.

Other men also struck Booker, with one stomping on her head. Edward Thomas, 29, was arrested and jailed on a charge of aggravated assault.

I would Post the vicous attack by Texans but this post  (or the video) would be pulled by conservative moderatoration practices under the guise of AM TOS violation. 

It's time to STOP being apologists for the hateful conservativsm being promoted under the gutless homicidal madman, Trump

RIP darling...

Posted - May 21, 2019

Responses

Wait until the GOP judge and the GOP jury decide the FATES of the murderers.

It is not over till it's over.  Anti-abortion and now this.  Anti-homosexual.  

May 21, 2019 8:08 AM MDT

• I've said this, once they've got rid of abortion, they will turn their sites on the LGBT community. 

GAURANTEED
      May 21, 2019 8:15 AM MDT

We are walking a razor's edge right now.  This place is turning into Ireland.   Are you beginning to see why I talk about politics so much?  This is not just news talk.  This is the world ending.   This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at May 21, 2019 8:48 AM MDT
      May 21, 2019 8:21 AM MDT

Who ever did something that horrible needs to be sent directly to the electric chair. Or firing squad.

That ain't Trumpism. 
      May 21, 2019 9:48 AM MDT

This DEFINITELY IS.  This is part of your base.  Much more so than terrorists are Muslims.  You are part of this.  Congratulations.  There is NOTHING Democratic or Hillary about these morons.

This is Evangelical and this is right out of TRUMP's Bible. They are descrations according to you guys and allowing them to live and exist will bring about the end of the world.  You are either like this or you are not like this. I am not like this.  And you are.  

You support this over and over. Telling me that Trump was right and there were BAD people on both sides in Charlottesville, when actually there were TRUMP thinkers on both sides.  And that black hate group was as TRUMP as you can get.  Instead of being ashamed for what that Charlottesville travesty was, you try and bring AMFTA or whatever that group was, into this.  
    Those pigs are Trump brained as well. They are not part of the movement against Trump.

These pigs who stomped that transgender person were PRO TRUMP.  They are going to be worse after Trump is thrown out of office.  Do you think they are PRO OBAMA?  

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at May 21, 2019 4:14 PM MDT
      May 21, 2019 10:03 AM MDT

I do not know who they support. I know there is homophobic people on both the right and the left. I know some who have been a Dem all their life.  
    Anyone doing violence to anyone else needs to be punished....no matter what party they support.
      May 21, 2019 10:14 AM MDT

First off, my heart is breaking for Muhlaysia and her loved ones. This story is sad and disturbing on so many levels. 

That said, I want to walk you through what my thoughts were as I read this because this was the first time I heard this case. The way the post reads, it seems to suggest that the woman was beaten and shot following the traffic incident. Ergo, I'm picturing the equivalent of a modern-day lynching. I was picturing this woman being attacked, beaten, and then shot by a group following the car accident. That's not what happened. She was indeed violently attacked after an accident. She survived the incident with a concussion and broken wrist. A video of that attack went viral and she spoke publicly about it.

A month later, she was shot. We do not know who shot her or why. The police have not said anything or even named suspects at this point. We don't know any details other than she was shot and killed. My personal instinct and gut feeling is that this was tied to the initial incident, either someone involved in it targeted her again or someone targeted her for speaking out. I do believe her death will likely be proven to be a second hate crime. But, it's an opinion at this point. 

I really worry when we rush to judgment on things and facts get misconstrued because it undermines the cause. Should it come out later that this wasn't a hate crime- then this becomes like the boy who cried wolf. The nutty liberals assigning blame where there is none. This bothers me because I certainly fall more into the liberal category. 

Secondly, pulling Trump into this, as it's worded, makes it seem like a stretch. I've looked at the stats. I believe the country is in a downward hateful spiral. I believe Trump's words and actions have encouraged hate crimes. The statements here don't make that connection. It reads more like the person or people who killed her were Trump supporters. We don't know that they were. We don't know who killed her yet. But, for what it's worth, the man arrested for beating her was a black man. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess he's not a Trump supporter because, statistically, he isn't likely to be one. It's a guess though. That said, I think it's important to be mindful of how these things are expressed. 

Lastly, I cried when I read the reports. I don't need to see a video to know what was done to her was heinous. I don't need to see the video to know something very wrong and horrible happened. While I do recognize that sometimes sharing content like that is necessary to get people to wake up and see that there is a problem, it's not something I, personally, want to view. And, I don't think I would gain anything by viewing it. It has nothing to do with "conservative" policies, but more along the lines of decency. Most people do not want to be hit with a wall of blood and gore when they come to the site. Our policies do not allow content that depicts "extreme violence," which, of course, does leave it as a gray area as to what "extreme" means. Obviously, if it's promoting violence, it will be a no-go. In situations like this where there's some potential for "educational"value or to raise awareness, there is more leniency granted. I have left videos of assaults up, particularly when they're not bloody and gory. 

For the sake of making a moderation call on this one, I did go find a video clip and watch it anyway. I would not have removed the video. But, for what it's worth, we make every effort to preserve content as well. If the video had accompanied your content and it was decided it violated the TOS, we simply would have removed the corresponding video and left the remaining content. Had it been a question wholly surrounding the video, the whole question may have been removed because it wouldn't have made sense without the video. You also have the option of embedding links. If you believe content does not fit within the confines of the TOS, you can still link to it, giving people the option of viewing it if they wish to do so. 
      May 21, 2019 11:57 AM MDT