Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Death and Dying » Bleach Doesn't Cure Autism, As Much As These Parents Want To Believe It Does

Bleach Doesn't Cure Autism, As Much As These Parents Want To Believe It Does

Any parent who has seen their child endure a chronic condition or illness knows the deep desire a parent can feel for a magic solution that would solve their child's problems — but one group of parents may be taking things a little far. Recently, an ABC News and Eyewitness News investigation discovered that several parents in Southern California are now turning to bleach in an attempt to cure their children's autism. Unfortunately for their patients, however, bleach does not cure autism — and ingesting it can be incredibly dangerous.

The Genesis II Church of Health and Healing peddles its "miracle cure" for autism by calling it the "Master Mineral Solution," or MMS, a concoction made up of chlorine dioxide, sodium hydroxide, sodium carbonate, and sodium bicarbonate (also known as the ingredients that make up bleach). Kerri Rivera, who does consultations with parents who want to give their children MMS, told Complex that she believes autism is caused by parasites, which are then killed off by chlorine dioxide.

"They might as well be selling Clorox," Ben Mizer, who works in the Department of Justice, told ABC News. "You wouldn’t drink Clorox, so there is no reason you should drink MMS."

Posted - May 22, 2019

Responses

The sad thing ... and irony ... is that these parents don't trust doctors with medical degrees, but they will trust con artists.

May 22, 2019 8:44 AM MDT

The sad thing and the INSANE thing is this woman is getting away with these posts and blogs and Faccebooking and articles on the news.  That is what is the most insane.  Why isn't this 'tard in jail where she belongs.  She is endangering everyone with this lie.  
      May 22, 2019 10:07 AM MDT

Facebook may take down her posts, if they are confronted with the false statements.

My friend who sells the colored contacts ... she notified Facebook that someone was using the platform to sell contacts, and stating that people could wear multiple pairs at the same time.  My friend had documented evidence that this was not true, a health hazard, and she had informed the other party - and Facebook took down the other person's page.
      May 22, 2019 10:38 AM MDT

Yes.  That is correct.  I guess I grouped this Facebook idea with what I really wanted to say.  Why isn't this woman up for charges?  She is endangering lives.  She is posting that a POISON which will kill kids in a horrid manner, is a cure for an anomaly that defies science and medicine to this day.  This is highly dangerous.  If I start announcing information on air or on youtube or on Facebook, etc., and I claim as a professional person (I think she is in the health field, not sure) especially, that I have a cure that is harmful to the public, that sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen, fines and jail time.  

May 22, 2019 11:01 AM MDT