Active Now

Malizz
Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Questions » Music » Is there a song for you that you only like the beginning of it?

Is there a song for you that you only like the beginning of it?

I only like the opening 45 instrumental seconds of this song - - once the singing starts, I can't stand the rest of the song.
:)

"Livin' on a Prayer"  Bon Jovi

Posted - May 24, 2019

Responses

• There's this song called "Lil' Love" by Petite Meller. The opening of the song (the first 59 seconds out of 3:35) sounds really unique, like it's building to something interesting, but when the main part of the song starts, I just kind of lose interest. The main part is repetitive (the same line repeated multiple times) and the music sounds more like a generic electronica track at that point, whereas the part in the beginning doesn't really sound like anything I know. 

The song has the structure: Verse 1, Refrain, Verse 2, Refrain, Chorus, Bridge, Chorus (the last three are the last 2/3 of the song), but it's the two verses and refrain that sound the most interesting to me, yet this melody never really recurs and the chorus/bridge part of the song fails to keep my interest. So I usually only play the first 59 seconds and then stop it. lol

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at May 25, 2019 9:23 AM MDT
      May 24, 2019 10:24 PM MDT

Oh, wow, Nevan B --  you're right! I've not heard this song before but at that 0:59 seconds mark -- it's like a new song. I prefer the beginning, too. 

Thanks for answering. Your answer is exactly along the lines of which I wondered and I truly thought this question would be a post that would go completely unanswered. I thought I was the only one with a song in my head like this.
      May 24, 2019 10:34 PM MDT

•   May 24, 2019 11:30 PM MDT

• Yeah, I see what you mean :) 
      May 24, 2019 11:35 PM MDT

Yup!

And here I was thinking that I was being weird to even of think of asking and posting this question.
      May 25, 2019 8:17 AM MDT

No, none that I can think of at the moment. I guess that means I'm an all-or-none song guy.
    ~
      May 25, 2019 1:21 PM MDT

I tend to be that way, too. I heard Bon Jovi's "Livin' on a Prayer" the other day and suddenly realized, for the first time and out loud to myself, that "I only like the beginning of this song. The rest I don't like at all."

I was pleasantly surprised (as far as the other posts as of this moment) by even two other people, Nevan B and Realname, having songs, too. Other than the song I posted, I can't think of any other songs for me to fit my question. 
    Thanks for answering!
      May 25, 2019 7:04 PM MDT

You're welcome.  By the way, I've always loved that song (please don't hate me for it).

~

May 25, 2019 7:52 PM MDT

Nah, no hate. It's all good.

May 26, 2019 3:57 AM MDT